My first HK - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My first HK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Learn to shoot your VP9 first, then get the compensator. The VP9 is well balanced (as designed) for muzzle flip control and recoil, and IMHO compensators are a desirement and not a requirement to shoot it well. Once you do shoot the VP9 well without the compensator, using the compensator may not add much to your shooting other than giving your gun the John Wick look. The effectiveness of compensators (or match weights) varies from shooter to shooter.

By 'learn to shoot' I'm hoping you meant 'learn my individual weapons unique quirks' as that would be awkward otherwise since this is simply my first 9mm and not my first firearm. My carry piece for the last few years has been a 1911 chambered in 45ACP. As for the compensator, I was simply curious since I had never seen one that mounted to the pict rail before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your first, HK sidearm!!!

Tony

Thank you. And, Thank You, to everyone else too.

Unless something changes I plan on taking it to the range next week to put about two hundred rounds through it.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by checkedout View Post
    By 'learn to shoot' I'm hoping you meant 'learn my individual weapons unique quirks' as that would be awkward otherwise since this is simply my first 9mm and not my first firearm. My carry piece for the last few years has been a 1911 chambered in 45ACP. As for the compensator, I was simply curious since I had never seen one that mounted to the pict rail before.
    Yes, that is what I meant. Since, you've been carrying and shooting a 1911 for years, the VP9 will be easy to learn and master. The ergo grip options will really help.

As for the compensator, I doubt you'll need one. I have one for my HK45, and it doesn't add anything significant in terms of accuracy. YMMV.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by checkedout View Post
    Thank you. And, Thank You, to everyone else too.

Unless something changes I plan on taking it to the range next week to put about two hundred rounds through it.
    Range report, upon completion!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Congrats and welcome! I have used the Hk parts match weight/compensator and it is pretty cool, but really doesn't make that much of a difference in how the gun shoots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Want less muzzle flip, buy a long slide. I can hardly tell the difference between blazzer brass and NATO ammunition with the long slide.*

* might be a slight exageration
    Last edited by bass; 05-20-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links