P9S long target question???
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tonyt915
  • 1 Post By Kost

Thread: P9S long target question???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P9S long target question???

I wanted an 8" hunter barrel for my new to me P9S .45, and saw this one on eBay. I read past threads saying the 8" hunter barrels were selling for $800 and up and won this complete slide, barrel and weight for $1100 so I was happy. Has anyone see this barrel weight? Was it something that came from HK this way? Talked to seller who is a gun shop and he said they were in Germany for work and bought several slides just like this one from one person who had a bunch of HK parts. Also the slide is really tight on the frame. Is this something that needs to be fitted or should it go on smoothly? it locks up fine with no issues but when you try to rack the slide it moves back 1/8- 1/4 inch then gets really tight. Took the barrel out and put it in the original slide and no issues, so its not the barrel. Was also curious on the date codes. Thought these pistols were done in the 70's, this one has date codes of KA and KE which put it being made in the 90's unless im wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9S long target question???-n86szkssrr6snbcdem9fda.jpg   P9S long target question???-p2gvkj5aq3ep1lnoxr8rlw.jpg   P9S long target question???-irjpjikgs-l8ddnhkxeyg.jpg   P9S long target question???-jts0fwowsbige1lbbg0v4w.jpg   P9S long target question???-u4aipbz4sxiskxjipr-zxq.jpg  

mmissile likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Man that’s cool!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I would send it to Marine0303 here on the forum, he's an HK armorer and familiar with this weapon, let him go through it and figure things out, he's very good.
    Last edited by Kost; 05-21-2019 at 12:28 AM.
    mmissile likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Want to send him both my P9s and p7 for a good look. Was hoping him or AGG would know something about his

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is a really cool find. I would take the advice of some of the members here and send it to James Marine 0303 for a complete check up. He has serviced my p9s in 9mm and will be sending him a p9s in 45 soon for a checkup. You definitely have a unicorn, so before you fire it, make sure it is in good working order. Not really pertaining to your question, but from my understanding, but please confirm with James, some of the early p9s in both 9mm and 45 did not use some of the same parts as the later model, so they are not interchangeable (I may be mistaken). You definitely have one of the last runs made and should be really fun to shoot at the range.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Can't help you with the fitting question really, but I have seen these 8" barrel and muzzle weight combinations in Germany, and have imported a couple. The jury is out on whether the weights are original H&K, people have their opinions. I originally thought so, but I have come across ones I know are not, as well there were a couple of guys in Germany making these and other lengths/styles, and they did really good work, so it's not like there was a disparity in the level of workmanship. I did a favor for a friend of a friend over there and the guy was so happy, my buddy told him of my level of involvement with P9S Target/SGIII and the guy made me up one for these 8" barrels. Really cool custom design, "vents" on the bottom and such. Pretty much the last piece he made before he quit doing this stuff.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Called HK but the lady said the only person who would be able to offer advice was out till next week. Kept in contact with the seller who is really nice, and he said if it’s something wrong with with slide he has 3 more and we could try swapping them out for one that first. So I’ll have to wait till Tuesday I guess to see if Hk says it should fit the frame or it won’t wont work.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyt915 View Post
    Want to send him both my P9s and p7 for a good look. Was hoping him or AGG would know something about his
    The barrel weight was added later--- in .45 ACP, I have seen 1 complete "KE" Sport Group, and 3 "KE" target slides only!!!
    I will defer to @Lamont as to the authenticity of the barrel weight, though I have seen several.
    On manufacturing dates (contrary to internet lore), I have seen the following:

1. P9S (9mm)- 1970-1995;
    2. P9S (.45 ACP)- 1976-1994

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    The barrel weight was added later--- in .45 ACP, I have seen 1 complete "KE" Sport Group, and 3 "KE" target slides only!!!
    I will defer to @Lamont as to the authenticity of the barrel weight, though I have seen several.
    On manufacturing dates (contrary to internet lore), I have seen the following:

1. P9S (9mm)- 1970-1995;
    2. P9S (.45 ACP)- 1976-1994

Tony
    Very cool info, never knew they were made that long. You know if anyone had issues with the slide fitting frames? Do they need to be matched or if it should be able to just be swapped?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyt915 View Post
    Very cool info, never knew they were made that long. You know if anyone had issues with the slide fitting frames? Do they need to be matched or if it should be able to just be swapped?
    Not aware of any issues with fitting or function, but there are very few posts on the internet that discuss this!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links