HK45c Trigger doesn't reset with light TRS
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HK45c Trigger doesn't reset with light TRS

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK45c Trigger doesn't reset with light TRS

I have read a number of old threads on this subject, but it does not appear there is a clear answer. I have an HK45c with a BD date code that I bought used. When I got it, it was in like new condition with a heavy LEM trigger. I replaced the TRS and the hammer spring to convert it to light LEM. With the new springs installed, the trigger will not reset when dry firing unless I either rack the slide or push the trigger forward. This is consistent, as opposed to intermittent. I have two full size HK45's, a P30, a USP 45, and a USP 45c--all with light LEM, and none of those pistol have this problem.

I guess I can switch the springs back and live with the heavy LEM setup, but I'd like to have light LEM to match my other guns. I have threads suggesting more lube, which I have tried, dry firing, which I have also tried, and just shooting it a lot and waiting for it to smooth out which I have not. There is also some talk about a bad batch of trigger bars.

Is there a definitive answer to this issue? I am willing to buy a new trigger and/or trigger bar of that will fix it, but I don't want to throw good money after bad.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Check and make sure the TRS legs where they are supposed to be.

Did the gun have this issue when you first got it? In other words, have you shot it prior to swapping out the springs?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Check and make sure the TRS legs where they are supposed to be.

Did the gun have this issue when you first got it? In other words, have you shot it prior to swapping out the springs?
    The spring legs appear to be in the correct position. I have compared it to other pistols. I did not shoot it prior to swapping the springs, but if I reinstall the heavy TRS, it resets correctly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

If the legs are in the correct position then it sounds like your Trigger Bar is out of spec. I would try one of the following:

1. Remove the Trigger Bar, check for any burrs where it touches the Trigger Bar Detent. Polish the area

2. Contact HKCS and request that they send you a RMA to have the gun shipped back to them to look at. They might be able to send you a FedEx Call Tag to pick up the shipping cost

The reason that the Heavy LEM TRS seems to work fine is because the spring is much heavier than the Light spring and has enough strength to overcome any minor defect/burr on the Trigger Bar that prevents the trigger from resetting properly.
    jt15550 and MikeDeltaFoxtrot like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    If the legs are in the correct position then it sounds like your Trigger Bar is out of spec. I would try one of the following:

1. Remove the Trigger Bar, check for any burrs where it touches the Trigger Bar Detent. Polish the area

2. Contact HKCS and request that they send you a RMA to have the gun shipped back to them to look at. They might be able to send you a FedEx Call Tag to pick up the shipping cost

The reason that the Heavy LEM TRS seems to work fine is because the spring is much heavier than the Light spring and has enough strength to overcome any minor defect/burr on the Trigger Bar that prevents the trigger from resetting properly.
    Thanks. That makes sense. I think I will give HKCS a call and see what they are willing to do. I will report back.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: The pistol is going back to H&K. I will be shipping it out tomorrow.
    TooSixy likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

This happened to one of my USPs . Upon inspection I noticed that the transfer mechanism had lateral play in it that when I placed a finger next to it, it would reset normally. Turns out the gun resets just fine when firing it so I've left it alone. If it bothers me enough someday I'll work on tightening up the play.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For anyone interested in tracking such things, my pistol was delivered by FedEx to H&K at 9:30am on Thursday, May 23. Further updates to follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeltaFoxtrot View Post
    There is also some talk about a bad batch of trigger bars.
    Where might I find this talk? I'm having an issue I suspect might be an out of spec trigger bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The out of spec trigger bar causes a false reset. There are 2 clicks during reset and you have to go to the second click to actually reset the trigger.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...k45-hk45c.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links