VP Series - So Much To Love, Yet It Bears A Fatal Flaw... - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: VP Series - So Much To Love, Yet It Bears A Fatal Flaw...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

^ Lmao.

That being said, if you have anything that you think might help with this issue for me it would be appreciated

I think the answer was clear from the start: SELL THE GUN. Too much conjecture over a $500 tool that can be easily swapped for perhaps a better-suited tool.
    Last edited by Indreams84; 06-01-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Not to pile on the OP but this is the pic I post when guys start moaning about the size of the Mark 23

Warranty and caf82313 like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The VP9 is quite versatile. If you can’t make it fit you, it makes me think perhaps training is what you really need. It’s quite a Beta approach to write it off as the tools fault when you’re unsuccessful. I have been in training where dudes bitch about their gun not being perfect and the instructor will pick it up and shoot perfectly having never touched a gun like it before in their life.

I’ve even pulled that trick out for guys when I was in front of the class. On the “it’s a tool” mantra, I’ve never seen a carpenter bitch about $50 hammers and go through a large portion of them to find one that “fits” him. Typically, if one is task-oriented, you’ll let the task determine which tool is appropriate without any emotional attachment to said tool. The task is what is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

OP, just a thought.

First off you probably need a different gun.

However, the VP9 is such a great gun it may be worth trying to make it work. I had similar issues with my son when he was starting to shoot. It's due to your hand size.

You said that you can't reach the first knuckle to the trigger on your index finger in a previous post. I'm guessing that the length of your index finger and hand requires you to rotate your hand on the grip to reach. This moves the meat of your hand by your thumb (thenar eminence and pollicis muscles) aways from the posterior grip where the grip panel sticks out.

While this helps you reach the trigger, it reduces the thickness of your hand where the backstrap meets the dovetail which moves your entire grip upward.

This worked for my son.

Use the smallest grip panels for the V9. File down the backstrap as far as you can. I filed the side panels too and then stippled it.

This should allow a proper grip "if possible for you".

My son no longer uses them. If you want to contact me I could send them to you to try but you need to send them back as I need them when my other kid gets old enough to start shooting the VP9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
    @WellWellWell

You should try an HK45 then. It has an "alignment index" closer to 1.

The VP9's alignment index is better than the Glock 17.

For me, the VP9 is perfect. But one man's perfection is another man's design flaw...... I guess.

Use the chart below to help you find a gun with an alignment index closer to 1 since that sounds like what you need.

https://www.guntweaks.com/pistol-bor...bore-axis.html
    That is a great article that makes the bore axis topic pretty easy even for a beginner to understand. I will use this when talking with new shooters. Thanks!!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    I have had similar experience with Glock/Walther triggers, but the design of their triggers is a constant curve from top to bottom which means if I press harder on the trigger my finger will slide low enough to engage the trigger tab. With the VP series, if I press harder the finger will not drop into position to deactivate the trigger safety because the top 1/3 of the trigger is flat. To be frank, I suspect many do not have this problem as I have pretty small/short fingers compared to most men. At a certain point, the meat of your finger is too wide to miss the trigger safety tab... mine can fit perfectly between the frame and trigger safety to allow this.
    Why the heck did you buy it? To point out your smallish hand, or the fatal flaw? SMH

2 is 1 and 1 is none. Until the Mark 23.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mullhead View Post
    That is a great article that makes the bore axis topic pretty easy even for a beginner to understand. I will use this when talking with new shooters. Thanks!!
    I would not bother talking about bore axis to new shooters. It could just confuse them and prejudice them against pistols that have high bore axis that are terrific shooters including many hammer fired HKs and SIGs. The reality is that for most shooters bore axis is a big nothing burger and many other factors in a pistol design contribute to recoil characteristics including mass, mass distribution and size of the pistol, mass, mass distribution and size of the slide, slide velocity, frame material, recoil/RSA and hammer springs weight and design, and grip size and shape. Myself I don't really care much about muzzle flip as how fast and how well a pistol comes back on target is what matters to me. To me the only thing that matters is how well I can shoot a pistol experiencing live fire.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have pretty small hands and have never had this issue, even with the medium grip pieces installed. This is definitely a training issue. I don't know anyone that drags their finger across the top of the trigger. There's a reason why the middle part of the trigger sticks out further than the sides, it's because you have to press that in first to disengage the trigger safety. I recommend dry fire training to help remedy this.
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    I would not bother talking about bore axis to new shooters. It could just confuse them and prejudice them against pistols that have high bore axis that are terrific shooters including many hammer fired HKs and SIGs. The reality is that for most shooters bore axis is a big nothing burger and many other factors in a pistol design contribute to recoil characteristics including mass, mass distribution and size of the pistol, mass, mass distribution and size of the slide, slide velocity, frame material, recoil/RSA and hammer springs weight and design, and grip size and shape. Myself I don't really care much about muzzle flip as how fast and how well a pistol comes back on target is what matters to me. To me the only thing that matters is how well I can shoot a pistol experiencing live fire.
    While I basically agree, I should have been more clear. I was specifically referring to the explanation and diagrams concerning the geometries of striker vs. hammer fired pistols. Most new shooters I spend time with eventually come to the conclusion that a G19 feels different than an HK45c when handling/pointing/shooting it. IMO the article does a good job with simple explanations and diagrams on the mechanics and geometry behind the difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So if OP's MO in life is that if he cannot successfully use something, it is de facto a 'fatal flaw' of the item and not his technique or other limitations? Small hands, yes, but how does he fit through the door with that ego? This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links