HK P30L mod recommendations
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK P30L mod recommendations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK P30L mod recommendations

Just recently got a p30L V3 and was wondering what can you do to improve the trigger pull/reset.

I’ve seen the grey guns shorter reset kit and only heard great things about it. Also has anyone installed this kit by themselves?

I’ve also seen a few springs you can get from HK parts and those can reduce the weight for the trigger pull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A good fellow on here has a YouTube video of him installing gray guns srs kit with safety, don't forget to install new sear roll pin that comes with kit. I'd shoot the pistol a bit first 200-500 rounds as is stock to 'break in' and ensure proper function. I like the enhanced firing pin block spring from lazy wolf off hkparts.net and 11 lb hammer spring. I have a nickel sear spring from hkparts too but didn't install that yet. More knowledgeable folks will give their advice soon as I'm still learning the HK way. Enjoy that great pistol

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I still contend:
    The best "mods" to a brand new gun are, shoot the damn thing A LOT.
    All of my P-series guns have benefited from being shot extensively, and I've benefited as well, in terms of performance with them.
    The only change I've made to all of mine has been the factory lighter FPBS for those that didn't have it installed already.
    Dwright, Vincent04 and WolfieRules like this.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat... 2. Shoot guns... 3. Fire... 4. Gasoline... 5. Make juniors

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PJenning View Post
    A good fellow on here has a YouTube video of him installing gray guns srs kit with safety, don't forget to install new sear roll pin that comes with kit. I'd shoot the pistol a bit first 200-500 rounds as is stock to 'break in' and ensure proper function. I like the enhanced firing pin block spring from lazy wolf off hkparts.net and 11 lb hammer spring. I have a nickel sear spring from hkparts too but didn't install that yet. More knowledgeable folks will give their advice soon as I'm still learning the HK way. Enjoy that great pistol
    This exactly.. and check the reference section for how to’s and spring charts with part numbers..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly, I would shoot the gun for at least 500-1000 rounds and see if you still feel the same. Even Glocks wear in to become pretty decent triggers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just installed the Gray Guns short reset on my p30sk and I'm shocked at how much of a difference there is. I agree with everyone else regarding the "break-in" of 500 rounds before making changes, but I wish I would have known about the short reset kit a year ago. It's easy to install just don't forget about the roll pin that comes with it. Enjoy the new HK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best thing a user can do to improve the firearm is simply adjust the trigger nut. The trigger nut interfaces directly with curvature of the trigger through the use of the index finger. The trigger nut can be tweaked by running several cases of ammo through the gun.
    Vincent04 and sparkey02 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I still contend:
    The best "mods" to a brand new gun are, shoot the damn thing A LOT.
    All of my P-series guns have benefited from being shot extensively, and I've benefited as well, in terms of performance with them.
    The only change I've made to all of mine has been the factory lighter FPBS for those that didn't have it installed already.
    This. Well, and use the search feature.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Best thing a user can do to improve the firearm is simply adjust the trigger nut. The trigger nut interfaces directly with curvature of the trigger through the use of the index finger. The trigger nut can be tweaked by running several cases of ammo through the gun.
    Are you drunk?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the exact same gun, P30L V3. I ordered the GrayGuns Short Reset kit recently and it should be here by Tuesday.

I'll let you know how it turns out, but almost every review or response I've read has said it's a good improvement.

My gun was maybe on the softer side as around 200-300 rounds of 124gr in, the spring ran 115gr just fine, but I agree with 500 rounds to be sure.

You may get used to the trigger in time, but it might also make bad habits for other guns. If you're debating on the Short Reset kit vs their Reduced Reset package, from what I've heard they use the same part but they also use a different mainspring, and basically plate it all in nickel boron. If your problem is just the reset, the Short Reset kit will do, but if the trigger pull is gritty or there's some other problem, I might recommend going for the package.

Side Note: There is a post on this forum about full disassembly as well as installing the GrayGuns Short Reset kit, you may just have to search a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links