HK USP Match 9mm sight in question...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doc44ga

Thread: HK USP Match 9mm sight in question...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default HK USP Match 9mm sight in question...

Would an owner of an HK USP Match 9mm gun kindly enlighten me on the range in yards the pistols sighted in at? I see 16-27 yards on the target specs, but am unsure what point of aim is being used. I am assuming the small triangle is the POA. I built a Match clone and used a tactical front sight blade to get POA/POI at 25 yards. The pistol was hitting high using the standard Match (Expert) front blade. I found it was hard to get any accurate grouping and even harder to high steel targets aiming 6-8 inches low while on the move (get off the X). As always, thank for your assistance and expertise.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

The 16 to 27 allows the pistol to be sighted at either distance using the same target. If you set your pistol for 27 yards using the appropriate ammunition then you would use the cover the bullseye instead of pumpkin on a post sight picture. When they shoot the pistol at the factory they underline the distance that it is zeroed at. The different triangles are where the same pistol will pattern with different ammunition using the existing sighted distance.

For example the attached target is a 9mm clone. It is DA only. I’m getting ready to convert it to hybrid lem. It is set for 15 yards. I cover the top of the red with my sights and it hits where it is supposed to. It has far greater ability than I will ever have.

I also borrowed the sight picture from another member on the board. The bottom one is what HK’s are normally set for.

Hope this helps. I’m sure there are many more knowledgeable than I that will chime in.

Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK USP Match 9mm sight in question...-035ecfa2-e893-43a2-b2c1-f7ff79f2bd7f_1559345198054.jpeg   HK USP Match 9mm sight in question...-cf30a397-60c7-4ecf-ac30-ef4f68317b76_1559345435012.jpeg  
    Kilmore likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmore View Post
    The pistol was hitting high using the standard Match (Expert) front blade.
    The Expert front sight is not the same as the Match/Tactical front sight. The Expert/Elite front sight is shorter to work with a rear sight that is inleted into the slide and also has a different profile.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jetnspector View Post
    The Expert front sight is not the same as the Match/Tactical front sight. The Expert/Elite front sight is shorter to work with a rear sight that is inleted into the slide and also has a different profile.
    Thanks to both respondents. Answered every question I had.

Sponsored Links