Decided to let my p30sk go
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Decided to let my p30sk go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Decided to let my p30sk go

no, it's not a fatal design flaw. LOL

it just hurts my hand. specifically, my support thumb. i'm left handed, and i have short fingers and thumbs. this puts my right thumb right on top of that big pivot point for the right side slide lock lever. that's where my grip naturally falls. i can push my thumb way forward, but it's an odd feel, and not as firm a grip. i can raise my thumb, but now it's riding the slide. i can leave it on that pivot point, but very quickly the skin is getting rubbed by it. it raised a blister once

ya know, i really wanna like this gun. i like the idea of carrying a hammer fired pistol. i like the LEM trigger. it's a quality build. but hey, a gun isn't gonna work for everybody. i absolutely love my vp9sk, and i'll continue to carry it. the lever on it's right side is so thin it's flush with the frame and i don't have these issues. i just liked the hammer advantages of this gun. oh well
    PorterM likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Try a USP!!!

Tony
    Kost and FPNunes like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That is too bad. I use thumbs forward grip and I don't touch any auto loading pistol frame/slide/control with either thumb keeping thumbs parallel to the frame and slightly away from it.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    That is too bad. I use thumbs forward grip and I don't touch any auto loading pistol frame/slide/control with either thumb keeping thumbs parallel to the frame and slightly away from it.
    i do too, but my thumb is short enough that i can't seem to get it forward of that pivot point. like i said, it's not so bad; the vp9sk is probably my favorite pistol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This monstrously oversized lever on BOTH sides is the first reason i am not even loking at the gun, and considering older models.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I love my p30sk and am also left handed. I have a very high thumbs forward grip and am always on the slide release on my p30's and vp9's. I don't shoot my sk a whole lot but haven't had any issues, but it's always best to have the gun you feel most comfortable with, especially for carry!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Try a USP!!!

Tony
    ^^^^^^ This! USP Compact is sensational! =)
    HK12Step likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    ^^^^^^ This! USP Compact is sensational! =)
    I was skeptical of the USP line at first too, until I finally tried one!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smokeman View Post
    no, it's not a fatal design flaw. LOL

it just hurts my hand. specifically, my support thumb. i'm left handed, and i have short fingers and thumbs. this puts my right thumb right on top of that big pivot point for the right side slide lock lever. that's where my grip naturally falls. i can push my thumb way forward, but it's an odd feel, and not as firm a grip. i can raise my thumb, but now it's riding the slide. i can leave it on that pivot point, but very quickly the skin is getting rubbed by it. it raised a blister once

ya know, i really wanna like this gun. i like the idea of carrying a hammer fired pistol. i like the LEM trigger. it's a quality build. but hey, a gun isn't gonna work for everybody. i absolutely love my vp9sk, and i'll continue to carry it. the lever on it's right side is so thin it's flush with the frame and i don't have these issues. i just liked the hammer advantages of this gun. oh well
    P2000SK then?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    This monstrously oversized lever on BOTH sides is the first reason i am not even loking at the gun, and considering older models.
    I replaced the right side slide lever on my wife’s P30Sk with the short lever style. I’ve actually done this on all my P30 LEM guns.
    The P30LS LEM guns I have came with the shorty.
    IMHO, this is a must do mod for lefty shooters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links