New VP9 owner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New VP9 owner here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New VP9 owner here

So this is my first HK handgun, and I am impressed with it already. I picked up the night sights (LE?) model at my lgs for a price I couldn’t pass up. Wasn’t necessarily in the market for another 9mm service pistol, but how could I say no? I would love to hear what others think about the VP9, I’ve read many of the posts on here already, but love to learn everything I can about any firearm I purchase. My next HK will most likely be the USP in .45, but until then, I’ve got to get this thing to the range and test her out. Also, the pistol came with the standard barrel, but I found the threaded barrel on Brownells for under a hundred bucks. I know it’s not an official HK part, but until I can get the HK threaded barrel, I think it will work for range time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New VP9 owner here-image_1559873203184.jpg   New VP9 owner here-image_1559873272035.jpg  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Congrats!

For $50 more, I'd stick with the factory barrel.

https://grabagun.com/h-k-245602-extr...-9mm-fits.html
    WolfieRules and hvrnaut like this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Congrats to you! The LE VP9 was my very first HK, and after 5000+ rounds, I still own and shoot it. It is a great handgun. As for your next buy, may I suggest the USP45 Tactical? It has the threaded barrel (which you seem to like) and the DA/SA match trigger which is smoother than the standard DA/SA trigger. You can't go wrong with it. Enjoy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Welcome to HK. Enjoy your pistol!
    HK - No Compromise

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bet you will love it I love all 3 of mine. VP9, VP9 tactical an the VP9sk.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man. And those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

Ernest Hemmingway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speezly View Post
    So this is my first HK handgun, and I am impressed with it already. I picked up the night sights (LE?) model at my lgs for a price I couldn’t pass up. Wasn’t necessarily in the market for another 9mm service pistol, but how could I say no? I would love to hear what others think about the VP9, I’ve read many of the posts on here already, but love to learn everything I can about any firearm I purchase. My next HK will most likely be the USP in .45, but until then, I’ve got to get this thing to the range and test her out. Also, the pistol came with the standard barrel, but I found the threaded barrel on Brownells for under a hundred bucks. I know it’s not an official HK part, but until I can get the HK threaded barrel, I think it will work for range time.
    Congrats on the purchase. I recently picked up one after owning the VP9sk for about a year. They're both comfortable in the hand and easy to shoot. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Mark
    HK VP9SK
    HK VP9
    Taurus Judge
    Charter Arms .38 Off Duty Special
    Beretta Model 1935

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you like it compared to the other big striker fired firearms? Glock, M&P, p320, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The VP9 LE was my very first pistol. Loved it so much, I got a second in a different color. Congrats

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I have 2 vp9's and two of the "L" kits. Thousands of rounds downrange in USPSA competition. They are great pistols. Just use some stout ammo for the first 150-200 rounds as the spring can be a bit stiff initially. Once it loosens up a bit they run just about anything. I love 'em, enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links