• 2 Post By azimuth
  • 3 Post By 6Rstar
  • 1 Post By azimuth

Thread: VP9 NS installion success

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Default VP9 NS installion success

When I bought my VP9 locally there were no LE models with NS available. I've wanted to swap some in but also wanted to do it myself. One desire prevents or delays the other so I let it slide for a couple of years. Picked up a sight installation tool from Brownells on sale. It arrived last week and last night I attempted my first installation. Turns out the right tool for the job makes it easy.....and fun. The tool has three points that secure the slide solidly while not marring the surface. If you have interest look up the MGW Sight-pro on videos and watch. It's a fine piece worthy of HK work. Pics below.

Now I'll swap sights on my P2000sk, HK45ct and HK45t. Would have been cheaper to hire it out, but now I can swap sights anytime I want.
    Frank in GA. and TooSixy like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice job on the sight change out. I've got the original model that I use on Sigs etc. but, this model is definitely an upgrade as are the sights and should you decide to change them again you'll have the proper tools to do so. MGW makes the best sight pushers on the market. Of course I may be biased as they are local.
    FWIW if you have to remove material from a sight to install it a "light sanding" of the base with 600 grit water sandpaper with a few drops of water on it will ease installation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great job! Tools do make the difference. I've seen so many brand new sight sets and slides destroyed by hammers and punches, sometimes by gunshops. I too like to do some of my own stuff even of the tool for doing it doesn't pay for itself. I have started growing collection of BMW bike tools also. Its also nice to have for helping out buddies.

For those not inclined @ toosixy provides free site installation for established members.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    TooSixy, mew and msdaly like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Great work on the sight install, right tool for the job makes it go well.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

You just need the 113 shoe and you'll be all set with all modern HK series. :)

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    You just need the 113 shoe and you'll be all set with all modern HK series. :)
    I bought it when I bought the other shoes. :)
    TooSixy likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That looks like a great tool. I've changed the sights on both my m&p 2.0 FS and my VP9 to night sights with just a punch, hammer, vise and metal file. I don't buy many guns (I wish I had the money and desire). Not to go off topic too much but I have three guns besides the ones I inherited and I think the only other gun I'd purchase would be a VP9 SK. I didn't want to get a cheap sight tool and potentially damage anything so I did it the old fashioned way. Congrats!

Sponsored Links