Went through the HK website, then to the gun store....P30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Went through the HK website, then to the gun store....P30

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    cherry picked a P30 in .40 a while back, stout recoil, very stout, pistol too light for the round maybe....???

...it gets easier, the 180s are way better, the .40 is a backwards round, the lighter u go the recoil is heavier...

WTF?!? The P30 is the lightest recoiling .40 I have ever shot. (Okay, it’s big brother, the “L” model actually handles it a little better)
    I am not sure what you are doing with your grip, stance, or whatever, but making statements that are contrary to almost every other shooter’s experience about the recoil of this pistol is just disingenuous.

Take a look at the HK shooting team shooting a .40 caliber P30. Looks like they are really struggling, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Proud new owner of a brand new P30 V3 9mm today myself. I hope it’s as good to me as my USP 45 compact has been for over 10 years. I love me some HK’s. I really wanted a V1 LITE LEM but they seem extremely hard to come by and cost significantly more as well in my area. The last HK I now want is a HK45. Don’t want the wife to make me sleep in the dog house so that will have to wait until 2020 since I’ve already spent my gun budget for 2019 lol. Good luck with your new P30, I plan to shoot mine in the next 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know mentioning the G word and comparing those guns to HK’s on this website is blasphemous but I was kind of shocked to see that the P30 has virtually the same dimensions and weight of my beloved Glock 19X. I was wearing my G19X today and noticed how they felt very similar in size and weight. Here’s their dimensions and weights from their websites.
    HK P30 / Glock G19X
    Overall height: 5.43” 5.47”
    Overall length: 7.12” 7.44”
    Overall width: 1.37” 1.30”
    Weight w/ empty mag: 26.08 oz. 24.83 oz.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hvrnaut View Post
    WTF?!? The P30 is the lightest recoiling .40 I have ever shot. (Okay, it’s big brother, the “L” model actually handles it a little better)
    I am not sure what you are doing with your grip, stance, or whatever, but making statements that are contrary to almost every other shooter’s experience about the recoil of this pistol is just disingenuous.

Take a look at the HK shooting team shooting a .40 caliber P30. Looks like they are really struggling, huh?

It’s stouter than most I’ve fired.
    I did my medicine, and shot about 15rds, from my .500 s&w , the 9, 45 arelike BB guns. Now, while the .40 is much easier to handle.
    This was my first .40:purchase, and I was not used to it at all. Surprised me at first. It’s getting better for sure.
    It’s still a hard,hitting/recoiling rd compared to my 9&45.

The P30 .40 is my only .40 I’ve purchased, and buying the 165 speerlawmans were an eye opener. The 180s are nowhere near as bad.

It’s my range toy along with my vp9, I love both.
    Last edited by ARCTICDETH; 06-28-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No offense intended, and re-reading my post the next (Maker’s Mark-free) day made me rethink my critique. You’re a shooting enthusiast, which is more than can be said for most of the population. Carry on, and enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links