How Many Civilian Mark 23 Models?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Many Civilian Mark 23 Models?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How Many Civilian Mark 23 Models?

So I screwed up and rented a Mark 23 from Scottsdale Gun Club last weekend, thinking it would be a novelty shoot. You know, fun and ridiculous, just for giggles. Monstrous handgun that requires a bipod to shoot silliness. Wifey is along to maintain proficiency with her P30. Had my P30v3 and P30sk with me.

OMG...after the first shot I was hooked. The accuracy is simply phenomenal. Recoil is incredibly light and feels lighter than my P30’s in 9mm. The weight was much less than I thought it would be. The grip is a bit large but just fine for me (I wear men’s large gloves). That trigger! Wow.

Here’s the kicker. Wifey saw me smiling and asked for her turn. She has dainty hands and only shoots monthly, yet she tore the center out of her target in short order. She is not a great shot but that Mark 23 made it look like she is.

Ok. Damn it. I think (wait - I know) I need one. Are the civvy models all the same? Am I just shopping for price? I’ve got a birthday coming up and this might fit in nicely, just want to examine options.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

They're all the same, minus the Maritime Finish and extra accessories with the more recent releases (fake can, soft HK woodland camo case, etc)

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Currently, @ 19,230 civilian Mark 23's worldwide, mostly in the U.S.!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It’s even better suppressed! My wife loves shooting mine also and she’s tiny.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyr View Post
    is not a great shot but that Mark 23 made it look like
    These are the guns you want to own. Not the others, regardless of what else you might like about them. When you're thinning the battery, these are the ones you keep.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Currently, @ 19,230 civilian Mark 23's worldwide, mostly in the U.S.!!!

Tony
    I didn't realize they made so many. The fact that I don't ever see that many for sale alone says alot.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Expensive, but one of the best purchases I have ever made. I as camping out on Buds and some other popular sites for months and it was always Out Of Stock. Then one day I said screw it and searched right against Google/Bing.

Search the part number "M723001‐A5" or "M723001‐A5 -OUT OF STOCK" instead of Mark23 or whatever. I found 3 for sale on small shop websites the first hour. The one I bought I got from way up north and the guy I talked to laughed and said they'd had it a while. He didn't even do anything to list it anywhere.

I'd CC the thing if i could find a holster with the right clothes.

I got a KA Suppressor on order now.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6Rstar View Post
    I didn't realize they made so many. The fact that I don't ever see that many for sale alone says alot.
    23-2086 through 23-21315 (highest number seen)!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyr View Post
    ….Am I just shopping for price? I’ve got a birthday coming up and this might fit in nicely, just want to examine options.
    Don't let price stop you. If you have the opportunity, will, and the bucks to buy one, go for it! It your B-day. Time to be generous!

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I like my Mk23 just fine. I had tried to buy one through CMC's government program but the wait (out of stock) was at that time estimated at 5 months.
    So, I grabbed a used one at GB that claimed to be unfired (and was but isn't any longer). Mine is a 2010 pistol.
    I've heard criticism of the post-maritime finish and do not share the concern.

Everyone who comes over and shoots it wants me to modify my will and leave it to them. Sadly for them, I plan to take it with me.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links