Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By brn2xl
  • 2 Post By BeachBum
  • 1 Post By BeachBum

Thread: P9S variants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P9S variants

Hi everyone. Iíve been off this site for a number of years but it was because of it that Iíve been a huge HK fan and owner. Although I have a number of HKs , Im a P9S fan and have a total of 5. Two in 45acp and three in 9mm. A question I have and hope that members can answer is what is the difference between the P9S Combat , P9S Target and P9S Competition? What makes one more desirable as far as shooting , more desirable as far as collecting ? Thanks.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

In general...

Combat - Fixed combat sights
    Target - Adjustable sights and trigger stop
    Sport - Adjustable sights, trigger stop, extended barrel and barrel weight

I said in general because I've seen factory oddities like a combat with trigger stop.
    The Sports may also have different grips... especially if in sport groups.
    Collectibility would typically be in order of Sport Group, Sport, Target, Combat... with .45 at a premium to 9 mm.
    Lamont likes this.
    "I'm not shitting in a bag..... Yet"
    - PSG1

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

+1 to what brn2xl says. The Sport Groups are all over the place in terms of what they have and don't have. Wooden grips, wooden competition grips, some came with two barrels and one slide, others with two complete slide assemblies. One gets the impression they were bespoke creations. The rarest and most desirable are the dual caliber sets. Almost all are 9 and .45, but there is at least (or perhaps only) one set in 9 and .30 Luger.

As for which ones you shoot vs. collect, condition is a major factor. Same with parts availability. This pistol underwent considerable improvements and parts redesign during its production life. The early P9 and P9S pistols use very different parts than the later ones, and these parts may as well be made from unobtainium.

Mark
    Lamont and markg like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    The rarest and most desirable are the dual caliber sets. Almost all are 9 and .45, but there is at least (or perhaps only) one set in 9 and .30 Luger.

Mark
    There is, or was at least one .45 and .30 (if not .45/9mm/.30) out there. I have never seen it, but I have a .30 magazine that was fleshed out to fit a .45 magazine well.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't there a Navy model also?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    There is, or was at least one .45 and .30 (if not .45/9mm/.30) out there. I have never seen it, but I have a .30 magazine that was fleshed out to fit a .45 magazine well.
    Very cool! I'd seen 9mm mags modded to fit a .45, and came close to acquiring a 9mm P9S Combat that was very late production (1995) that was built on a leftover .45 receiver and came with mags that had a spacer welded to their backs. But I've not heard of a .30 Luger mag modified like that! Very cool.

Mark
    Lamont likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Bought it in Germany 11-12 years ago. It was advertised as a P9S magazine for .380.....I didn't know what it was at that time, but I knew there were no P9S in .380, and since the asking price was 7-8 Euro's IIRC, I just bought it. Later on I learned what it was.

Sponsored Links