Slide swap fail
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slide swap fail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Slide swap fail

I wanted to shoot uspsa match with the sights from 1 VP9 and the trigger of another so I swapped slides. 1st 6 shots failed to eject. Both slides have over 3000 rounds through them . Was using federal synthetic 150 grain. A very weak load but both pistols in the original configuration have shot them fine in the past. Going to the range tomorrow with same ammo to see if it works but I'm pretty sure it does. I shot the next 3 stages with my P30sk and the ammo worked well. Why would swapping slides from 2 VP9's be a problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was on the clock so i didn't have time to look closely but the more I think about it tbw problem might have been double feeds.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Are they slides same caliber and model?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both 9mm. Went to range today. Same ammo same magazines. Shot 15 through both in their original configuration. Perfect. Swapped slides and the first shot failed. Looked like a double feed. 2 live rounds not in the right place. Swapped back and shot 100 more through each pistol perfectly.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Date codes on both?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Interesting.

Have you tried swapping the recoil spring assemblies, to keep them with the frame as opposed to the slide?
    That ammo is under pressured, and likely quite inconsistent, when compared to the 124gr MEN NATO ball with which those pistols were factory tested.
    2 + 2 = 4, whether you know how to count or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will try leaving the recoil springs with their original frames tonight. The date on 1 is 2018 the other does not have the date code on the slide. Possibly because it was ceracoated from the factory.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluek View Post
    I will try leaving the recoil springs with their original frames tonight. The date on 1 is 2018 the other does not have the date code on the slide. Possibly because it was ceracoated from the factory.
    Factory cerakote would still have date code. My baby poo 45c is a factory gun and has the date code. If you're doesn't likely non factory and an aftermarket/lipseys special

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's scary . Was purchased online from euro optics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From HK

That pistol was ceracoated by us. A lot of time when this process is done some pistol will lose the marking's. Your pistol is a 2018

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links