new guy with Cali USP Expert 45
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jsigone

Thread: new guy with Cali USP Expert 45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default new guy with Cali USP Expert 45

I've been looking to add another 45 to my stable. I wanted a good trigger out the box. With the cali roaster, we're stuck in time so modern options are mean nothing to me. I'm not willing to pay the 100% mark up in the used market.

Lucky I ran into the USP elite 45 one day at lunch. the elite was $899 and they had the expert for $999 and regular full size for $899. The match Triggers seemed nice vs regular, and more my style, a bit like my CZ. I liked look of the expert. I went home and did some more homework, the following week the Experts went on sale for $930 and I snagged one. Ordered 3 more mags while I had to do my cali wait. Only real flaw on it was the ejection port to barrel clearance seemed really tight, and after first range trip 1/3 the numbers were blurring out. Looking at other Expert photos, this seemed common with their fitting/tooling process. It's a shooter for me and not safe queen so I guess this is OK. My first HK so maybe each MFG has it's own quirk.

First range trip, put some oil on the barrel around the ejection port, o ring and slides rails. Gun shot really well as I got used to the black on black sights. I may upgrade to Dawson fibers like my others but not yet. First box was getting used to the gun, running some double tap drills so see if I can time the recoil well. Since the trigger break point and reset was similar to my CWG tuned SP01, I had good muscle memory on the trigger from the go. Ammo was WWB 230grain. DA on this beast reminds me of the SIG DA, long n tough at the end. I'll need more practice with the DA for sure with some dry firing

Resetting my mechanics and timing I pushed the target out to 25yds and tried to slow the pace down. Took a few strings but got a clean one in, off hand of course. Holding the top of the front blade right at the bottom of the black target. Maybe I can get it smaller with more practice at 25, I usually only play to about 10yds. Overall pretty pleased with this robocop sized gun, but I have a thing for full length dust covers I guess.

my other 45s
    TooSixy likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Congrats on your new USP Expert 45, they are wonderful, good shooting Sir!
    Thanks for sharing

Welcome Home!
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the acquisition, thanks for the report, and nice placement!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great shooting, you've got some really collection guns there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting comment on the ejection port to barrel clearance. I see the same thing on my VP9 where the lower part of the numbers are being worn away. Not an issue, just an interesting observation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    Interesting comment on the ejection port to barrel clearance. I see the same thing on my VP9 where the lower part of the numbers are being worn away. Not an issue, just an interesting observation.
    Looks like the lower right hand fillet has a tooling mark or angle tolerance. Some seem clear some seems to rub. Since it’s rubbing only finish off, I’d suspect only .003 or less gap between the sliding parts. I’ll have to run drop of oil here to help the friction. Doesn’t seems to help though on first range trip haha

Sponsored Links