Newbie P7 question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Newbie P7 question

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Location : Houston area
    Posts : 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Newbie P7 question

    I bought a P7 off Gunbroker with serial number 4269. Using the serial number thread, the slide is marked Columbus GA and the thread on serial numbers states that it was imported from 6/2008 to the present. Going by the serial number it lists it as a P7 PSP but it would have to be from Trussville AL. Can someone tell me which model it is? The info does not match up. I do not have any of my own pics so here are some from the Gunbroker listing: https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

  2. #2
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 29,833
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    A P7 (1979)--- the manual will probably be in English (black- “P7 Series/OPERATOR’S MANUAL”).

    Tony

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Location : Houston area
    Posts : 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    A P7 (1979)--- the manual will probably be in English (black- “P7 Series/OPERATOR’S MANUAL”). [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hkpro.com/forum/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

    Tony
    Thank you sir, I’ve got a lot of reading to do. I’ve wanted one of these since I first heard about them in the 90’s.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 29,833
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvmax View Post
    Thank you sir, I’ve got a lot of reading to do. I’ve wanted one of these since I first heard about them in the 90’s.
    Any time--- does it have the manual???

    Tony

  6. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Location : Houston area
    Posts : 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvmax View Post
    Thank you sir, I’ve got a lot of reading to do. I’ve wanted one of these since I first heard about them in the 90’s.
    Any time--- does it have the manual??? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hkpro.com/forum/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

    Tony
    I have not received the pistol yet but the pictures showed a manual. I was trying to figure out exactly what it was so I can order spare mags for it.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Location : Between Oberndorf & Suhl
    Posts : 114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Given the „Nds“-stamp on the slide it is a former police gun from Lower Saxony („Niedersachsen“), which were replaced by H&K P2000s in the early 2000s. The P7s where sold as surplus, AFAIR in a trade-in deal by H&K themself.

    So the low S/N and date code indeed matches the late address.

    And congrats on the acquisition.

  8. #7
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Tony - you seem like a guy well knowledgeable on the P7. I have a question regarding import stamp. While I was serving in Germany, I bought two P7 pistols; a P7M8 and a P7M13. Both are in impeccable condition but i test fired both. Because of my service, I was able to import these two pistol with an ATF form 6. My question for you, with both pistols have no import stamps, does the make them more valuable or am I stuck with them.

  9. #8
    Maximum effort
    Clausewitz's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 714
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Tony - you seem like a guy well knowledgeable on the P7. I have a question regarding import stamp. While I was serving in Germany, I bought two P7 pistols; a P7M8 and a P7M13. Both are in impeccable condition but i test fired both. Because of my service, I was able to import these two pistol with an ATF form 6. My question for you, with both pistols have no import stamps, does the make them more valuable or am I stuck with them.
    They are slightly more valuable without import marks, but condition and completeness are still the keys to value on things like that.

    You are free to sell them if you like, you don't have to take them to the grave with you! Even though I probably would...
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

  10. #9
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Clausewitz (awesome name BTW), thanks for the information. The plan is to hold on to them for as long as possible, along with my two P8's and a P30 V3 and P30 v6. All of which have no import markings.


    Shawn

  11. #10
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 29,833
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Tony - you seem like a guy well knowledgeable on the P7. I have a question regarding import stamp. While I was serving in Germany, I bought two P7 pistols; a P7M8 and a P7M13. Both are in impeccable condition but i test fired both. Because of my service, I was able to import these two pistol with an ATF form 6. My question for you, with both pistols have no import stamps, does the make them more valuable or am I stuck with them.
    Yes--- @Brobus is the P7 expert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
    They are slightly more valuable without import marks, but condition and completeness are still the keys to value on things like that.

    You are free to sell them if you like, you don't have to take them to the grave with you! Even though I probably would...
    Completely agree!!!

    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •