Carry of the SK’s
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carry of the SK’s

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Carry of the SK’s

Thinking of picking up a p30sk if I can find one. Two questions. I’ve got a P2000sk that I LOVE to carry and a Vp9sk that’s is ok to carry (no issues just not as good to me as the p2000sk. How would/does the p30sk carry in relationships to those other two? Also, will any of my holster for the Vp9sk or p2000sk fit a p30sk or are they completely different? I’m using AIWB full Kydex holsters. Thanks for any advice, info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are many "flavors" of 30 sk's. I got a da/sa/decocker/ambit safety/nite sights first and HATED it.
    The DA was long and heavy amd I dont like the 1911 style of cocked and locked.
    Got a Lite LEM version, no safety/no decocker, much better to shoot.
    Try them out first to see what meets your needs.
    Great Gun, built like a swiss watch/tank!
    But accuracy from both of them beyond about 5-7 yards was horrible in my hands. My 5" Sig 9MM's are much better shooters, but the 30SK is a great close range CCW weapon.
    I couldn't get good groups at longer ranges from my 9MM Shield either.
    My Shield in .45 is a much more accurate CCW in my hands, and despite fewer rounds, fits my needs much better.
    YMMV.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have the P2000sk and the P30sk is long overdue it's, all the same, the best part id you can use P2000 9mm 13 round mags with X-grips as well I did the same with m P2000sk give you more grip same with P30sk The holster I have for my P2000SK is a little tight so I bought other one problem is the guy that used to make them is MIA.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m more familiar with striker fired handguns so the V2 LEM is right up my alley and like the idea of thumb over the hammer for AIWB carry/holstering. My p2000sk is a V2 so that’s the variant I’d be purchasing. So, a p30sk doesn’t work in a holster for the others I mentioned?? Dang this HK addiction is serious. Thinking of a USPC after maybe a p30sk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven’t had a p2000sk but I have had a vp9sk and I have a p30sk. The p30sk DID NOT fit my old vp9sk kydex holster. Love my p30sk. V1 LEM. Reset sucks tough. I’ve found that I shoot it better if I ignore the reset and just let the trigger return all the way like you would with a revolver.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I’ve got a P30skv1, the P30v4.1, P30Lv4.1, all 9mm and a P30L 4.1 in .40. I’ve put them all in the safe as soon as I tried the P2000v1. Liked it so much I immediately got the P2000sk, and am now seriously contemplating selling all the P30’s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The VP9SK and P30SK will use the same holster. They will also feel much the same carrying them.

They shoot a little different, but it's worthwhile to have both.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I carry both of my P30sk V1 LEMs in several leather holsters I had made from Milt Sparks for my P2000sk with no issue. I'm sure that leather is a bit more forgiving than kydex, but I only carry my glocks in kydex. As a side note, I find both P30sks to be scary accurate out to 15yards and have since sold my P2000sk. However, it will be a cold day in hell before I get rid of my P2000s!
    RustyIron likes this.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Reply’s are appreciated yet split down the middle it seems. I’ll continue to see what others have to say but the advice is taken and thank you! I as well have a p2000 and love that thing. My G19 Gen 5 never leaves the safe now when I carry a larger gun. Might pick up another p2000sk when and if they every become available (new).

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A good/better full Kydex is molded to the gun, the question is what’s the spec (especially for CCW duty). So it depends, in full-leather IWB my USP9c/P2000 use the very same model/PN.
    My P30SK rides in a leather/Kydex IWB hybrid. What are you seeing the in P30SK (a VP9SK hammer version) quest?
    And what’s another P2000SK, in .40?

As for my USP9c/P2000... in Charlton Heston’s voice, ‘From my cold dead hands’.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links