Well, I did it again..
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ralphhh

Thread: Well, I did it again..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Well, I did it again..

Traded a Glock for a HK.. This time around I traded a Gen 5 G19, for a new HK P-30 V1, and some cash..This worked out well, as I had gotten the G19 in another trade, and the way I figure it, I really did'nt lose anything on this deal, basically with sales tax, I ended up giving the G19, and $150, out the door. The Glock was ok, but that's just it, ok. I can't put my finger on it, but, the Glock just didn't interest me at all. In fact most of the time I had it, it sat in my safe..I'd bet it didn't have more than 6-700rnds on it, basically, it was nearly new. The decison to move it down the road, came after taking it out earlier this week along with my USPc .45, LEM, I could'nt shoot it anywhere near as well as I could the USP.. not bashing Glocks, but it just wasn't working for me.. and then, after leaving the range, and making the mistake of going to the LGS, where I found out they just got a shipment of P-30's in...The guy behind the counter already had dibs on one of two P-30L's that came in, the other was already sold, I asked if they had any LEM P-30's and he went back and looked, and came back with a box in his hand..It had 10rnd mags, which they said if I bought it they'd switch out for 15rnd mags, At this point the gears were already turning in my head.. We worked out a trade, and now I'm the proud owner of a new P-30 V1.. I'm going to run another 4-500rnds of .45 off of my 650, and then switch it over to 9mm later on this evening.. I want to have a pile of ammo ready for when I get out to the range again..
    TLOU_Joel likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I also swapped out my Glocks for HKs. As you said, I have nothing against Glocks. I think they are fine firearms. It’s just that I shoot HKs better. Whether it’s VPs, P30s, USPS, or whatever, I tend to shoot HK pistols better than anything else. It was a no brainer for me.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Congrats on the new purchase. The P30 series has always been great and with the price drops last year really makes it a fantastic gun for the money. I look forward to reading your range report.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoJoker View Post
    I also swapped out my Glocks for HKs. As you said, I have nothing against Glocks. I think they are fine firearms. It’s just that I shoot HKs better. Whether it’s VPs, P30s, USPS, or whatever, I tend to shoot HK pistols better than anything else. It was a no brainer for me.
    I guess for me, the Gen5 example I had was..well, dissapointing..it really wasn't any more accurate than the Gen4 G19 I'd traded for the USPc 45, and to be honest, the Gen4 gun had a Apex extractor in it, and it had a better ejection pattern than the Gen5 gun did. I'd still get 1-2 emptys thrown at me per mag, All I can say is, if someone had a Gen 2,3,4, gun that was running fine, keep it, You're not gaining that much by going to a Gen5 gun.. By trading for a HK, I figure I'm getting a known quanity.. with a Glock, it seems as if no two are exactly the same, out of 8 Glocks I've had/have, only one, (a Gen4 G17, LEO trade-in) hasn't thrown brass at me, I'll keep it.
    Last edited by ralphhh; 07-05-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Very interesting about your BTF issue. I've read about it before of course but never had it happen with any of my Gen 3,4 and now 5 guns. At then end of the day as long as you have something that is fun to shoot reasonably well it doesn't matter what it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FPNunes View Post
    Very interesting about your BTF issue. I've read about it before of course but never had it happen with any of my Gen 3,4 and now 5 guns. At then end of the day as long as you have something that is fun to shoot reasonably well it doesn't matter what it is.
    I've got a theory as to why that happens, I think it may have alot to do with the way a person holds the gun, and how the ejection system is designed..Glocks are the only pistol I've had ejection problems with. I guess I need to learn my lesson, and stay away from them, and if I get another in a trade, I need to flip it, ASAP. I also know that my Gen 5 was a very early one, that did'nt have the extra cut in the slide to aid ejection, those came after letter prefixes BG that might of had someting to do with it as well.. Mine had the BG letter prefixes
    Last edited by ralphhh; 07-06-2019 at 12:31 AM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Congratulations on a wise transaction!!!

Tony

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A story with a happy ending, I love it.

Sponsored Links