HK45c - V7 to V1

Thread: HK45c - V7 to V1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK45c - V7 to V1

I've got an HK45 Compact Tactical V7. Love it. I've also bought a non-threaded barrel for it and just ordered some flat base plate mags to bring it down to its most concealable size. I was thinking about an appendix holster, but honestly, I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of having the V7 pointed at my thighs. I'd feel a lot better with a heavier trigger or the safety/decocker option.

I've looked around for instructions for going from V7 to another trigger system, and I've found a lot of different posts about it. But, they all address going from V1 or V3 to the V7, not the other way around, and I don't really understand exactly what parts I need.

Precisely which parts do I need to change to go from V7 to V1? I have plenty of videos showing me how to disassemble the pistol, so I'm good there. I just need to know which parts specifically need to be changed.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I believe you cannot go from LEM (V7) to DA/SA (V1). You might be out of luck.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I thought the biggest advantage of the LEM was it has longer trigger travel and retains a hammer for safe holstering? Many CCW an LEM. It is impossible for the LEM to fire without a trigger pull, therefore it’s not going off in the holster. A holstered gun is not “pointed” at your thigh, or is holstered.

If you “point” the gun at your thigh while I’m your hand, don’t do that. If you can’t holster without doing so, seek a reputable instructor to teach you not to point the gun at your thigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    I thought the biggest advantage of the LEM was it has longer trigger travel and retains a hammer for safe holstering? Many CCW an LEM. It is impossible for the LEM to fire without a trigger pull, therefore it’s not going off in the holster. A holstered gun is not “pointed” at your thigh, or is holstered.

If you “point” the gun at your thigh while I’m your hand, don’t do that. If you can’t holster without doing so, seek a reputable instructor to teach you not to point the gun at your thigh.

I will second this. LEM is actually a little more forgiving when holstering, since there's no decocker to worry about. If you feel like the heavier trigger pull of DA/SA is safer when holstering, consider that forgetting to decock results in a trigger pull that is not only lighter, but shorter as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess it's more the holster that makes me nervous. It's leather, and the leather is kind of soft, so I just worry about the trigger getting pushed around in there as I stand and sit throughout the day. I much prefer the LEM over the DA/SA trigger, but how light it is and how easy it is to pull just sets off alarm bells in my head when I go to put it in that holster. Maybe I should get a kydex appendix holster instead.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htcmicah View Post
    ... the leather is kind of soft, so I just worry about the trigger getting pushed around in there as I stand and sit throughout the day.
    Is that a universal one-size-fits holster?
    A gun specific holster is rigid enough to safely (frame/trigger-guard/slide) retain/draw the weapon. Its pliability, which aids CCW comfort, also means it needs break-in and at some point will wear/deform.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htcmicah View Post
    I guess it's more the holster that makes me nervous. It's leather, and the leather is kind of soft, so I just worry about the trigger getting pushed around in there as I stand and sit throughout the day. I much prefer the LEM over the DA/SA trigger, but how light it is and how easy it is to pull just sets off alarm bells in my head when I go to put it in that holster. Maybe I should get a kydex appendix holster instead.
    I’d certainly recommend a kydex holster but also put your thumb behind the hammer on holstering and look the gun into the holster. Shift your hips out so you don’t have to point it at yourself.

Sponsored Links