P30SV3 shoots low
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: P30SV3 shoots low

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30SV3 shoots low

I purchased this p30 at a local shop that is now out of business. First time i fired it, i was 6" low at 10 yards. I chalked it up to trigger control and sigh picture.

Now I've had 2 buddies try it out and they also are shooting 6" low. So I got the idea to slap in a laser bore sighter and mark off approximately 10 yards at home. Low and behold the laser dot is 6" low at 10 yards.

I made a call to HK to get a RA number assigned and the CS agent mentioned that with all his years working at HK, he has never seen anything like what I am claiming pass QA in the factory. He also reminded me that there would be a service charge if they don't find an issue.

Looking at the muzzle end, there is a gap above the barrel/slide hole protrusion and no gap whatsoever below the barrel. Can anyone confirm if this is typical, or is my barrel alignment completely bottomed out?

Is there anying I could check before sending the pistol back to HK.

Thanks in advance,
    Jacob

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

be sure you understand what a cover hold is or you will be low.....my money is on the gun!
    HK CS1 and WolfieRules like this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You might be using a 6 o'clock hold which is a no-no. Use a center hold (front sight covers the target). Also, upload a pic of the gap you explained if you can.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same thing happened to me with my first VP9. I was consistently an inch or so low. I had someone else try, and he was a little low as well. Long story short, I ended up getting a new shorter front sight (one step shorter) which resolved everything.

I have a USP, P30, and a Mark23, and I never had that happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll upload a picture tonight. Im doing a direct hold with the 3 sight dots in a pyramid shape in order to match poi to poa. I definitely dont want to continue shooting this way. I just want to be 100% sure before this goes in the mail.

I could put adjustable sights on to compensate, but i'm guessing that having the barrel pointing down 1 degree off axis increases muzzle flip.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob0 View Post
    I'll upload a picture tonight. Im doing a direct hold with the 3 sight dots in a pyramid shape in order to match poi to poa. I definitely dont want to continue shooting this way. I just want to be 100% sure before this goes in the mail.

I could put adjustable sights on to compensate, but i'm guessing that having the barrel pointing down 1 degree off axis increases muzzle flip.
    Pyramid shape as in a triangle? Picture will be worth 1000 words
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob0 View Post
    Now I've had 2 buddies try it out and they also are shooting 6" low. So Looking at the muzzle end, there is a gap above the barrel/slide hole protrusion and no gap whatsoever below the barrel. Can anyone confirm if this is typical, or is my barrel alignment completely bottomed out?
    Completely normal. All of my HKs are exactly like this. This is how the barrels lock up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The gap between the barrel top and slide is the clearance for when the barrel tilts/unlocks. It's the John Moses Browning tilting-barrel principle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First pic shows the top gap in the barrel. Second pic shows where i need to compensate in order to bring the poi in line with the front sight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P30SV3 shoots low-20190711_234746_1562907000435.jpg   P30SV3 shoots low-20190711_234810_1562907048247.jpg  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Hi Jacob, welcome to the site, and welcome to the Hk family!
    What your describing sounds exactly like one of us who isn't familiar with European sighting.
    With euro sighting, the done line the dots up below the target like we do. They sight higher, covering the target with the dots.
    Raise your sight picture accordingly, and I promise you will be a lot closer to the center of the target. Also, the sight these in at 50 yards. So take that in consideration with your sight picture as well.
    I doubt that in this case, Hk cs will find fault with the pistol as this is how they set the sights up.
    If you can rent or borrow a recent sig sauer, or anything from fabrique National. Using the American sighting will achieve almost exact same results as both of those manufacturers use the same sighting system.
    Hope this helps! As me tioned above, you can add different sights to put your sight picture/poa more akin to what you're used to.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links