.45 super in Expert - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: .45 super in Expert

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Full disclosure, I was only shooting +P .45 NOT supers, but the 16# spring was the logical choice on slowing down the slide for when I was using +P
    but had no negative effects using regular ammo so it was a win/win for my platform. Personally Makoman I would go 20# on your super recoil rod as
    it will only make shooting the pistol better and more comfortable, and not punish your USP. I run the same #20 in my G21 with great results.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Back in the day they said it was ok in conservative numbers, if I'm not mistaken, they removed that now.
    If you're dead set on shooting 45 Supers, I would invest in a Mark 23. You can shoot some spicy loadings and it'll feel about the same as a standard 45acp is the expert.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_cow View Post
    Back in the day they said it was ok in conservative numbers, if I'm not mistaken, they removed that now.
    If you're dead set on shooting 45 Supers, I would invest in a Mark 23. You can shoot some spicy loadings and it'll feel about the same as a standard 45acp is the expert.
    The 230gr can be loaded to subsonic as well, although most factory loads for that weight are shown to run at 1100fps.
    Last edited by Lamont; 07-24-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links