HK USP 45 Tactical: Sights slightly off and barrel hood wear on new gun
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 Tactical: Sights slightly off and barrel hood wear on new gun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK USP 45 Tactical: Sights slightly off and barrel hood wear on new gun

So I’m finally own a USP45T! Been waiting for awhile to acquire one of these. Just a few questions though. Does the barrel hood typically come with a slight wear from factory? And are these sights suppose to be like this?

I literally picked up this gun a couple hours ago. The place I bought it from confirmed it was new. The gun looks and smells brand new other than the hood of that barrel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK USP 45 Tactical: Sights slightly off and barrel hood wear on new gun-f1f726bc-55e4-4b5b-a431-81c47d41d626_1564021201027.jpeg   HK USP 45 Tactical: Sights slightly off and barrel hood wear on new gun-6901ba8c-a615-43c1-b088-3fe817172579_1564021233611.jpeg  
    Keine Kompromisse!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astrom00se View Post
    So I’m finally own a USP45T! Been waiting for awhile to acquire one of these. Just a few questions though. Does the barrel hood typically come with a slight wear from factory? And are these sights suppose to be like this?

I literally picked up this gun a couple hours ago. The place I bought it from confirmed it was new. The gun looks and smells brand new other than the hood of that barrel.
    Congrats for starters - the USP45T was my first HK, still my favorite. It doesn't take much to wear the high point as the gun is racked. Looks new. It may have been racked a few times by tire kickers at your LGS. And remember, it was fired at the factory.

The sights look normal to me. Are you referring to the one click to the right, er left, or right ......... whatever. Go shoot it, I'm sure like mine, it is more accurate than either one of us.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If its new and not fired except at the factory then it was taken out and racked it a bunch of times.

As for the sights they are adjustable and maybe that is where they were set from factory or someone at the LGS messed with them for demonstration purposes.
    Last edited by Speeddemon02; 07-25-2019 at 02:51 AM.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post

Congrats for starters - the USP45T was my first HK, still my favorite. It doesn't take much to wear the high point as the gun is racked. Looks new. It may have been racked a few times by tire kickers at your LGS. And remember, it was fired at the factory.

The sights look normal to me. Are you referring to the one click to the right, er left, or right ......... whatever. Go shoot it, I'm sure like mine, it is more accurate than either one of us.
    Yep I’m referring to one click to the right. I purchased mine for cornerstone arms and they state that they sell nothing but new firearms unless stated. I figured it was probably racked a lot and I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this gun so I knew what to expect. And I do know the hood of barrel wears fast. Just wanted to make sure! I am super excited to shoot this thing. This gun sure does feel like something special. I don’t get this same feeling from my VP9 or Glocks. There’s just something about it. My hands are small/medium but the grip and trigger don’t feel bad at all.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon02 View Post
    If its new and not fired except at the factory then it was taken out and racked it a bunch of times.

As for the sights they are adjustable and maybe that is where they were set from factory or someone at the LGS messed with them for demonstration purposes.
    Yep it’s suppose to be brand new. Date code shows it manufactured in 2019.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Likely cycled to verify empty chamber by everyone who handled the gun. Barrel hood wear normal. I've seen HK adjustable sights come as yours is brand new. That's what adjustable means. You set them and can fine tune them. Does it shoot straight? Do you shoot straight? Those are the questions. One tick off center is not much at normal pistol ranges.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Astrom00se,

Yes, that looks normal. Remember ALL HK pistols are test fired for function, proofing, and accuracy before leaving the factory. Also, the sights being off is nothing to worry about. Just use the tool that was supplied with the pistol and adjust it AFTER you shoot it the first time.

Cheers, and congrats on the new pistol!

Tommy
    HK Customer Service
    Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Congrats on your new USP Tactical! Adjustable sights need to be zeroed. That minor scuffing on the barrel hood is normal. Give us a range report when you can! =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    Likely cycled to verify empty chamber by everyone who handled the gun. Barrel hood wear normal. I've seen HK adjustable sights come as yours is brand new. That's what adjustable means. You set them and can fine tune them. Does it shoot straight? Do you shoot straight? Those are the questions. One tick off center is not much at normal pistol ranges.
    I just noticed that the hood of the barrel has a slight hump. That explains why that wear mark is so common there.

Thank you for chiming in!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK CS1 View Post

Astrom00se,

Yes, that looks normal. Remember ALL HK pistols are test fired for function, proofing, and accuracy before leaving the factory. Also, the sights being off is nothing to worry about. Just use the tool that was supplied with the pistol and adjust it AFTER you shoot it the first time.

Cheers, and congrats on the new pistol!

Tommy
    Great to hear and thank you! Any suggestions for good range plinking .45 ammo and ammo for self defense?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links