My Almost New P2K...some questions?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Almost New P2K...some questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My Almost New P2K...some questions?

My almost new P2000, that is I'm waiting the 10 days WA state now requires for handgun purchases and it is used, is now sitting in my LGS.

I went down to pet it today, and to take a few pics so I can be sure I got all the proof marks rights.

(They are: Regular German eagle over N proof; Ulm antlers; and AG date stamp for 2006.

Serial number is 116-0354**.

Gun is clearly used, comes with box and all the regular stuff plus 3 mags. LGS is asking $650 which I think may be a bit high, but as I'll be trading I'll avoid $65 sales tax (and shipping if I bought on the web) plus the extra mag probably puts it at a fair price. I'll see what I can do when I bring my guns in to trade.

I've done a thorough exam, but didn't take it down. I've done a lot of business with the store and if I have any problems at all they'll make them good. (I had two "bad" guns over the years...stuff that wasn't observable until at the range and we worked it out without any problems.)

Anything special I should know about these guns? I like the LEM trigger...it could be a nice carry piece, although it would have to displace a Smith 4513 or PX4c compact.

This is my first H&K and as I said in my newbie intro, I'm now worried it's gonna be the start of another bout of the H&K version of the Sig-ness. (And yeah, I'm sorta cruising the H&K 45s. The fever could be starting to rage.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Almost New P2K...some questions?-0727191410.jpg   My Almost New P2K...some questions?-0727191409_hdr.jpg   My Almost New P2K...some questions?-0727191410c.jpg  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

It's missing the right-side slide release lever. You took the time to mask out the last 2 digits of the serial in post but showed the full serial in all 3 of your photos. :)

Congrats, though.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As TooSixy stated, it’s definitely missing at least one part from the pics you posted. Wonder what is missing inside?? Buyer beware on that one....though if it is the only missing piece, it is easily replaced. Best of luck!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You may be saving $150 or so (new P2000 and 3 mags), but that's not much savings for a 13 y/o handgun with completely unknown pedigree. I do love my P2000 for carry although for various reasons I'm now carrying P30SK OWB. Hammer-fired all the way!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

For $650 I’d pass on that one and find a complete gun. I think you’re getting ripped off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My LGS a while back had a new LEM P2000 he couldn’t sell and offered to me for $500. The manager said it seems like everyone wants strikers. I think I’ll go back to see if it’s still there, and if so offer him $450.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Yeah--- I would pass on that one, and get a new one!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree, $650 for a 13yr old handgun that's missing it's right side slide release lever, is a bit much..You can bet the store did'nt give more than $425 for it.. Walk away..be patient, and start looking, gunbroker, the for sale forum here on this site, etc, chances are one will pop up at a much more reasonable price..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK Carson View Post
    My LGS a while back had a new LEM P2000 he couldn’t sell and offered to me for $500. The manager said it seems like everyone wants strikers. I think I’ll go back to see if it’s still there, and if so offer him $450.
    If you can get it for $450, that's a steal!! P2k's are probably one of the most underrated handguns HK makes, and, they're probably the best CCW they make..

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Any HK you buy, new or used, should be 100% there. Accept nothing less. Besides, a $650 asking price is ridiculous. You can get 9mm P2000's for far less and in much better shape. No way I'd call that gun "almost new". More like "certainly used and abused". Move on!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links