Do you use Decal Grips?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Do you use Decal Grips?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Do you use Decal Grips?

I donít know how common it is. When I bought my first full size USP it came with it installed (it was a used) and it made so much sense to me such that I thought it was OEM. It was few months later that I realized itís after market.

Beginning then, I started to put it on every full size USP that I have. I like the sand version as I tried the rubber version and found it doesnít have enough grip.

As a tip, I touch up all the edges with a black marker before applying it. You can see the white edges on the USP40 below (no marker) vs the USP9 Expert (with marker).

For compacts, Iíd like to use Talon Grips the rubber version instead. It provides a full wrap-around which gives a very comfortable and secure grip like wearing leather gloves.

Unfortunately, Decal Grip doesnít make one for MK23. So I use Talon Grips Granulate for it. It works well as expected except that it has the shining particles all over (the photo doesnít show) and it gives too much bling.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I use Rubber texture DecalGrip on all my USP's, my favorite grip, they work well!

Sand texture are 1/40" inch thick, the Rubber are 1/32" inch thick
    Last edited by Kost; 07-28-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I like the Talon rubber ones.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I like using 3M brand 'Deck Tape'. Playing with it and some scissors while watching a movie alone lead me to finding some grippy shapes to cut and patterns to place them.
    Can get it at any hardware store, and a roll costs less than one decal grip set.
    2 + 2 = 4, whether you know how to count or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’ve tried Talon grips and skateboard tape. None stay on when it gets hot out, exposed to sweat or extensive shooting (they slip or peal off). I took a combat pistol class one day and the instructor (retired US Navy SEAL). He made me rip them off my gun during equipment check before the class began. After a short bit of explication (and expletives) I understood why keeping the grips factory was the way to go. Now wearing certain gloves... acceptable in some cases. Got home from the class and took them off a couple other guns I had them on. A bit of alcohol or goo be gone and they are back to good as new (factory).
    Last edited by Jslow; 07-29-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have a few sets of Talons that have been in place without issue for over 3 years...it's all in the preparation prior to install. One pistol they've been on over 15K rounds, maybe I got lucky (a few times) with Talons.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    Iíve tried Talon grips and skateboard tape. None stay on when it gets hot out, exposed to sweat or extensive shooting (they slip or peal off). I took a combat pistol class one day and the instructor (retired US Navy SEAL). He made me rip them off my gun during equipment check before the class began. After a short bit of explication (and expletives) I understood why keeping the grips factory was the way to go. Now wearing certain gloves... acceptable in some cases. Got home from the class and took them off a couple other guns I had them on. A bit of alcohol or goo be gone and they are back to good as new (factory).
    Iím curious as to why he suggested to keep them factory, other than for resale purposes. Most of the classes Iíve been the instructor has silicon carbide or a stipple job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I tried talons but talons just don't cut the mustard that's why I developed my own way of doing custom SiC inlays which I have already done for many members here as well as tons of comp shooters around the country.
    WolfieRules and GuntherRommel like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    I tried talons but talons just don't cut the mustard that's why I developed my own way of doing custom SiC inlays which I have already done for many members here as well as tons of comp shooters around the country.
    Nice work. Iíve been wanting to do the silicon carbide to a few of my competition guns but havenít gotten around to researching the methods yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    Very nice. Where can we find the SiC materials? Or are that just sand papers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links