New USP .45 Expert odd addictives - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New USP .45 Expert odd addictives

  1. #21
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dobe's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2006
    Posts : 1,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default



    This is what was left on the foam. It’s not enough for me to identify.

    It doesn’t really matter. It shoots well enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dobe

    “We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

  2. #22
    Very Senior Member
    landseer's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Location : Nevada
    Posts : 330
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice shooting. Experts are great pistols. As others have said, send the photos to HK Customer Service. Does not appear to have hurt the functioning of the pistol but it would be interesting to know what that grit was. Maybe the person who you bought it from fired a round or two through it.

  3. #23
    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    The little bag of desicant broke up during shipping.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dobe's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2006
    Posts : 1,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmore View Post
    The little bag of desicant broke up during shipping.
    You may be onto something.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    gsyoung54's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Location : Alaska
    Posts : 125
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    It looks like the material used in Caldwell shooting bags/rests that gets blown over and into everything if you don't put the barrel far enough past the bag...


    Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    Should be odd additives.

    I just took delivery of a NIB Expert in .45 ACP. Inside the box and inside the handgun there was grit. It wasn’t sand nor dirt. I’m not really sure what it was.







    I’ve cleaned it all up, and hope to take it to the range this weekend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    George from Alaska

    HK45T DA/SA
    HK45T Light LEM
    Mark 23 90's era, no lockout
    P30L v3, another on it's way
    P30L Light LEM
    USP .45 Elite
    registered MP5 SEF select fire
    other NFA items

  7. #26
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dobe's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2006
    Posts : 1,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default New USP .45 Expert odd addictives

    Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    It looks like the material used in Caldwell shooting bags/rests that gets blown over and into everything if you don't put the barrel far enough past the bag...
    Hoping that's not the case. That would mean I was sold a used gun while paying for a NIB.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    gsyoung54's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Location : Alaska
    Posts : 125
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    Hoping that's not the case. That would mean I was sold a used gun while paying for a NIB.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He could have been odd and had his gun apart in the same bag as the weird material. Does the gun look fired? Sometimes the only way I can tell on H&Ks is the scuffing on the top of the chamber and some barrel marks but I don't know how many times HK shoots our guns for testing and possibly sighting in. Every new HK I have ever shot is dead on from 15 to 25 yards to me using a point at where I want to hit hold.

  9. #28
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dobe's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2006
    Posts : 1,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    He could have been odd and had his gun apart in the same bag as the weird material. Does the gun look fired? Sometimes the only way I can tell on H&Ks is the scuffing on the top of the chamber and some barrel marks but I don't know how many times HK shoots our guns for testing and possibly sighting in. Every new HK I have ever shot is dead on from 15 to 25 yards to me using a point at where I want to hit hold.
    I shoot range guns with fully adjustable sight with 6 O’Clock zero. So yes, I readjusted th sights. The Expert I received did not appear to have been shot beyond factory.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #29
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Kost's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2006
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 5,102
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Great shooting Dobe! Have shot the Expert 45 a few times, incredible shooters, my favorite USP, congrats! =)

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

    Hidden Content Hidden Content

  11. #30
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dobe's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2006
    Posts : 1,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    Great shooting Dobe! Have shot the Expert 45 a few times, incredible shooters, my favorite USP, congrats! =)

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I love it. I shot it again today, and will shoot it again next Saturday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •