New P30L failure to launch...by launching
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New P30L failure to launch...by launching

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default New P30L failure to launch...by launching

So, got a new p30L and was changing the back strap out. the push pin on what I believe to be bearing for gun lock / grip insert seemed to be impeding the new grip panel so I tried to move it in a little. I guess I put a bit too much juice on it (the clamping sleeve pin to get the backstrap off on the first place took a lot more force) and the pin came put, launching the hammer spring across the room, along with the bearing for the gun lock :D

Yes, it is funny, so you can laugh. i didn't just write to give you a good laugh though. I cannot find the bearing for the gun lock as it is a really small part : / I'll keep looking, but I'm also thinking about plan B which is getting a new one. HK parts doesn't seem to sell such a thing (at least that I could find), so I guess I will have to throw myself on the mercy of HK CS (they've been very nice in the past). If you have any better ideas, I'd like to hear them. Also, here is the pic of the area of the P30L in question. I'd appreciate it if someone could verify that the missing part is indeed called the bearing for the gun lock / grip insert. Seems like it according to the manual, but since last I saw it was launching to parts unknown at high speed I'd like some verification from one of the p30 experts on here, please, before going through the hassle of securing a replacement.

thanks!
    SCPK

New P30L failure to launch...by launching-p30l-backstrap.jpg

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heyas Scpk!
    Wow, yeah, I really hate it when parts go shooting out of a gun. (that aren't bullets, shot, pellets, bb's or paintballs!)
    OK, so... I'm not a pro with the p30. But I believe this thread may help you out. Or at least, I hope so.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg.../topics/354306
    According to that, it's replaceable as the hammer bearing (if I'm guessing correctly) and can even be replaced with a part that removes the lockout, if ya don't want it. (tho I'd check ur local laws before completely removing it. And I'd keep it in a drawer or something cuz ya never know when laws could change!)
    Aside from that, if it's metal, find a place to rent a metal detector and sweep the room 😄
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Heyas Scpk!
    Wow, yeah, I really hate it when parts go shooting out of a gun. (that aren't bullets, shot, pellets, bb's or paintballs!)
    OK, so... I'm not a pro with the p30. But I believe this thread may help you out. Or at least, I hope so.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg.../topics/354306
    According to that, it's replaceable as the hammer bearing (if I'm guessing correctly) and can even be replaced with a part that removes the lockout, if ya don't want it. (tho I'd check ur local laws before completely removing it. And I'd keep it in a drawer or something cuz ya never know when laws could change!)
    Aside from that, if it's metal, find a place to rent a metal detector and sweep the room
    Good find, DarkeWolf. that does look good. if any p30 pros care to verify, I'd appreciate it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Midwestgunworks sells the complete hammer spring bearing with lockout as well as all 3 of the parts needed for the lock itself(lock,spring and ball bearing)

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/234664

It’s cheapest just to buy the whole thing at once.
    SCPK likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Let me check my spare parts bin, pretty certain I’ve got an extra. If so you can have it. Pm me your details and when I get home from work I’ll check.
    mew likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Next time when there is the possibility of something going flying across the room, you may want to put the pistol in a 1 gallon plastic bag and do your work inside the bag, just in case.

Ez
    oberlin1 likes this.
    If dogs don't go to Heaven, what's the point of going?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Argghh can’t find the darn thing!
    SCPK likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    Argghh can’t find the darn thing!
    Hey - thanks so much for looking! The offer was much appreciated.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

In my defense I’ve recently moved... I’m sorry I got your hopes up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    In my defense I’ve recently moved... I’m sorry I got your hopes up.
    no apology needed! Anyhow, HK CS came to the rescue : ) So big shout out for Tommy and HK CS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links