P30 LEM Cocked or Not
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P30 LEM Cocked or Not

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2019
    Posts : 6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default P30 LEM Cocked or Not

    I find 2 issues I would like to fix on a P30 LEM.

    1) The extremely long pull before reaching the wall.

    2) Without touching the trigger I cannot distinguish between cocked or not cocked.

    If anyone can provide a solution to these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

  2. #2
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    seery's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : United States
    Posts : 711
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    1) That’s part of what makes the LEM trigger so desirable.

    2) If the LCI indicates there’s a round in the chamber, it’s cocked.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    JonHK40's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Location : Auburn, WA
    Posts : 154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    The long pull can be somewhat shortened by going to V4.1 LEM.

    Whether or not that's an ideal variant of LEM is up for individual decision/preference.

    Best, Jon

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    HK Carson's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2019
    Posts : 52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The long first pull I see as a safety feature beneficial when carrying concealed. It’s so light that for me it’s like “take up”. Secondly, on my P2000 LEM the hammer is physically held back from the firing pin when cocked, versus closer to the firing pin after a dry-fire. It’s something that requires a close look, the hammer protrudes slightly when cocked then is flush after dry-fire.

  6. #5
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    DarkeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 683
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fspandorf View Post
    I find 2 issues I would like to fix on a P30 LEM.

    1) The extremely long pull before reaching the wall.

    2) Without touching the trigger I cannot distinguish between cocked or not cocked.

    If anyone can provide a solution to these issues I would greatly appreciate it.
    1) yes. The long pull on the p30 is why I didn't buy one. The length was so unintuitive for me that I couldn't Guage the break.
    2). LEM is technically a double action only (Dao) so if your finger is not on the trigger and pulling it back, it is not cocked. There isn't any way for the LEM system to stay cocked.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

  7. #6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    DarkeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 683
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    1) That’s part of what makes the LEM trigger so desirable.

    2) If the LCI indicates there’s a round in the chamber, it’s cocked.
    Hiya seery. OK, for clarity, I'm not picking on you, and only trying to be helpful. The loaded chamber indicator isn't part of the cocking mechanism. It only gives a representation of whether there is a round in the chamber.

  8. #7
    Member
    HK Carson's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2019
    Posts : 52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    2). LEM is technically a double action only (Dao) so if your finger is not on the trigger and pulling it back, it is not cocked. There isn't any way for the LEM system to stay cocked.
    I thought after you chambered a cartridge with the LEM the hammer (or main) spring stayed compressed/cocked, or “pre-cocked”.

  9. #8
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 2,594
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HK Carson View Post
    I thought after you chambered a cartridge with the LEM the hammer (or main) spring stayed compressed/cocked, or “pre-cocked”.
    Yup. I have a v3 converted to 4.1 with decocker intact. I carry the gun cocked, but release the tension on the mainspring when putting it away in the safe. I

  10. #9
    Member
    HK Carson's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2019
    Posts : 52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Carson View Post
    I thought after you chambered a cartridge with the LEM the hammer (or main) spring stayed compressed/cocked, or “pre-cocked”.
    Yup. I have a v3 converted to 4.1 with decocker intact. I carry the gun cocked, but release the tension on the mainspring when putting it away in the safe. I
    I follow the guidelines shown in the attachment, from the HK manual...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P30 LEM Cocked or Not-e1378bfe-4eba-4df1-8b3e-8ba5397ed314_1565213486789.jpeg  

  11. #10
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 2,594
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Default

    Good practice, I do too when there's no decocker. Honestly, I follow the same procedure and decock instead of dry firing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •