Trigger Job on a p30/P30sk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trigger Job on a p30/P30sk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trigger Job on a p30/P30sk

I have a V3 model and was wondering if it’s worth sending it off for a trigger job to improve the DA pull? I shoot it well as is. Will it improve overtime if simply shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Please keep in mind that I have not done any of the following updates I am about to say. I have purchased all the necessary parts and I plan to install them when I get some spare time.

These are based on what Ive learned from this forum from people kindly shared their knowledge.

1. If you feel the trigger pull is too long, install the Short Reset System from Grayguns.

2. If you feel the DA pull is too heavy, replace the stock hammer spring with Lazy Wolf 11 lbs hammer spring.

3. If you want a smoother trigger pull, consider installing the following two HK parts
    - Firing Pin Block Spring #209296
    - Nickel Plated Flat Sear Spring #215691

Again, this is just my plan. I welcome any corrections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by philly34581 View Post
    I have a V3 model and was wondering if it’s worth sending it off for a trigger job to improve the DA pull? I shoot it well as is. Will it improve overtime if simply shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All I did on my P30L was replace the firing pin block spring with #209296 and in my opinion it made a very noticeable difference in the DA trigger pull. Easy to do and doesn’t lessen reliability.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I used Bill Springfield.
    Scouts Out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I own a P30LS V3. As a guy who grew up shooting revolvers (LE back in the day), the V3 setup is not a problem for me. The DA/SA was necessary to learn and so we did. I qualified "Master" many times on the Police qualification course, 60 rnds, 300 points. I totally understand why some shooters dislike the V3 setup. I also own a VP9, which is much easier to shoot well with. I often wonder if Ididn't have so much experience with the DA/SA revolver, if I would not like the P30LS V3 trigger either. And frankly, I probably wouldn't. It is often said that we are a product of our environment. I feel fortunate that my environment as a young shooter required me to shoot DA/SA when I was learning. LE wasn't carrying semi-autos yet and strikers were still on someones drawing board. V3 is not a bad trigger system, it's just not a striker. As with all other aspects of life, personal preference plays an important role in what is right for you. I find my P30LS V3 very rewarding with no mods. Given a good chance, you my find the same thing with yours. Good luck.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ar2088 View Post

1. If you feel the trigger pull is too long, install the Short Reset System from Grayguns.
    This is not correct. Grayguns short reset system does exactly that, it shortens the RESET.

Freak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I stand corrected. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes to your question. I have several p30 v3's. It will improve over time. You will feel more improvement in the sa pull, i.e., it gets smoother and a bit lighter. DA also but not as much in terms of noticeable difference. enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My DA did smooth out in the first 1000 or so on my P30. My P30L was better out of the box for some reason and it now has a Gray Guns kit in it and the reset is much better.

If you do send it off for a trigger job just send it to Gray Guns. Apparently Lazy Wolf does good work as well. I wouldn't send something to Bill Springfield though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer) does great work and you’ll have your gun back in 2 weeks.
    philly34581 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links