At what point will my Hk need replacement parts due to normal wear and tear?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: At what point will my Hk need replacement parts due to normal wear and tear?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default At what point will my Hk need replacement parts due to normal wear and tear?

Hey Folks

So, I'm still sort of new to shooting (2 years), but I'm all in. I've got 4 Hks to my name with my VP9 and VP9sk getting the most use, by far. I don't know the exact round count through each of them, but it is certainly considerably more than 5K rounds through the full size VP9 at this point and the Sk is not that far behind.

So, my question is: at roughly what point would one need to think about replacing parts due to normal wear and what parts are most common to replace first?

Thanks!
    SCPK

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well, if search for HK45 or P30 test, you'll see the 45 went 50K+ and P30 91K plus.

My range toy VP9, which owner's manual says should be sent in for checkup every 10K, is at 24K and counting, I'm running it until it breaks, all I do is clean it once in a while. I went 4600 rounds without cleaning nor a hiccup.

Let you know if/when it breaks.
    dobe, SCPK, TLOU_Joel and 1 others like this.
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made
    P30 v3

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes, I've never really had to replace a part on my HKs. I did buy a P30L from Larry Vickers and figured it had been used pretty good. Sent to HK to redo springs and check it over. They did so and didnt charge me a dime.
    SCPK likes this.
    Retired 0-4
    USSOCCENT
    CJSOTF-S
    TFKBAR
    Khandahar, AFG
    Liaison:Bundeswehr DSO Afghanistan 2002

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’m new to the forum but not new to HK’s. The highest round count HK I have is my USP 45 and it is at over 30k. Would have to check my notes to know the exact count. The only things I replaced was a broken trigger spring at ~14k rounds and the recoil spring/inner spring at ~20k rounds. Interestingly enough the old recoil spring still felt just as stiff has the new one. Crazy how well these things are built. I would just shoot the crap out of ‘em if I was you...
    SCPK likes this.

PC7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would replace the TRS at 10 to 15k and the recoil spring assembly at 20k.

Mag spring change is subjective and depends on how hard you run your mags, but springs are cheap.

Other than that, not too much to worry about, except maybe the main/striker spring.
    SCPK likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My usp expert 9mm is at almost 25,000 rounds. Nothing broken still functions
    SCPK likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All very helpful - thanks everyone!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

At what point will my Hk need replacement parts due to normal wear and tear?

Well, that depends.......how old are you?
    ca survivor, Vincent04 and cc561 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless you have an exceptionally generous budget for ammo and dedicate yourself to one pistol, you'll probably never wear the gun out.

That said, I have a early production USP, the firing pin broke around 50,000 rounds. Easily 4 times as much spent dry firing. Something they beefed up on later models. When I replaced the firing pin, I replaced all other springs in the gun at that time. If you shoot a lot of steel ammo and shoot your gun hot, you'll probably end up needing to replace the extractor and maybe the barrel.

Again, most people don't have the budget to wear these guns out. The average gun owner tends to cycle around a few different firearms. If you shoot suppressed a lot, I'd look at replacing the recoil spring down the road

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My 2 practice P30 LEM V1 9mm.

Gun 1 trigger spring & recoil spring broke at about 15,000 rounds.

Gun 2 trigger spring broke at about 15,000 rounds.

Both went back to HK, came back working fine. I shot 200 rounds through each as a test.

Gun one since has 6,000 + rounds more through it.

Very happy with HK pistols.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links