Little help on USP 45 pistols please
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Little help on USP 45 pistols please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Little help on USP 45 pistols please

Can someone briefly describe to me the differences between the USP45 Match, USP45 Expert and the USP45 Elite and also to any factory work done on the triggers?

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA
    HK45T Light LEM
    Mark 23 90's era, no lockout
    P30L v3, another on it's way
    P30L Light LEM
    USP .45 Elite
    registered MP5 SEF select fire
    other NFA items

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Suggested reading
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/itrader..../topics/130041

All three have the match trigger
    The Match has the added Match weight that is removable and long barrel
    The Expert is longer than a standard usp to add the weight to the frame without adding the removable weight
    The Elite has the same length barrel as the Match. The nose sticks out past the expert length.
    All three are nice. All three shoot better than my abilities. You will pay double for an actual Match than either of the other two.

Doc
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    Can someone briefly describe to me the differences between the USP45 Match, USP45 Expert and the USP45 Elite and also to any factory work done on the triggers?
    All have the same match trigger and a trigger stop. The Elite has an approximate 6" barrel. The Expert has an approximate 5" barrel. The Match is a standard size ( I'm guessing here) USP with a counter weight attachment for the front end, which attaches to the rail.

All three come with fully adjustable sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dobe

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    All have the same match trigger and a trigger stop. The Elite has an approximate 6" barrel. The Expert has an approximate 5" barrel. The Match is a standard size ( I'm guessing here) USP with a counter weight attachment for the front end, which attaches to the rail.

Thanks so much.... that's what I was hoping to find out about the trigger because my Elite 45 (DA/SA) has an incredibly smooth DA pull, a nice short reset and an easy release off the reset.
    I see where I can pretty easily convert mine to a Light LEM - do you have any thoughts on that?
    Maybe I'll just try to find a Elite45 with the Light LEM and not change the beauty I already have... I mean, what the heck else am I supposed to do with my pension and savings??!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    Thanks so much.... that's what I was hoping to find out about the trigger because my Elite 45 (DA/SA) has an incredibly smooth DA pull, a nice short reset and an easy release off the reset.
    I see where I can pretty easily convert mine to a Light LEM - do you have any thoughts on that?
    Maybe I'll just try to find a Elite45 with the Light LEM and not change the beauty I already have... I mean, what the heck else am I supposed to do with my pension and savings??!
    I doubt you will find a NIB LEM Elite or Expert. As for what I feel about LEM - I have 3, (2)P30s and (1)P30L. I prefer DA/SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dobe; 08-12-2019 at 12:56 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I do not believe they made the Expert and Elite in any LEM configuration. I’m sure some of the experts on here will chime in if I am incorrect.

According to TooSixy, the “BEST” trigger in the World is a the Match LEM Hybrid. So you could purchase one and convert it or look for a used one that has been converted.

Doc

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post

The Match actually has the same 6" barrel as the Elite but the location of the O-ring is different on the Match barrel. The front sight on the Match is identical to the Tactical version but the Expert/Elite has a different front sight.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc44ga View Post
    I do not believe they made the Expert and Elite in any LEM configuration. I’m sure some of the experts on here will chime in if I am incorrect.

According to TooSixy, the “BEST” trigger in the World is a the Match LEM Hybrid. So you could purchase one and convert it or look for a used one that has been converted.

Doc
    You are correct, Doc. No factory Elite/Expert available in LEM. Only in V1 configuration.

The OP's Elite already has the Match trigger. By swapping/adding 5 LEM parts + 1 Light TRS, he'll have the best trigger there is.
    Doc44ga and Exiledviking like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Thanks @TooSixy , as always you are a wealth of information.

Doc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

And with the magic of TwoSixy's Match/Hybrid Trigger tutorial you can change any USP to the M/H configuration. If you can find an HK LEM Universal Kit for sale. Do yourself a favor and buy the Trigger Return Spring Pliers from HKparts before embarking on that journey. The tool is worth it's weight in liberal tears.
    Last edited by Kilmore; 08-13-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links