Which HK 45 and USP 45 Variants be carried cocked and locked but also have de-cocker?

Thread: Which HK 45 and USP 45 Variants be carried cocked and locked but also have de-cocker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Which HK 45 and USP 45 Variants be carried cocked and locked but also have de-cocker?

I do not like SA/DA but do like having a de-cocker. Which 45 cal HK pistols have this variation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, I am confused with your question... you don't like SA/DA but want a decocker? What would the purpose be for said decocker? The only variants that have a decocker and safety are V1 and V2. You can carry them cocked and locked without using the decocker if you wish. V1 has the lever on the left side (for right-handed shooters) and V2 has it on the right side (for left-handed shooters). If your intention is to carry it cocked and locked, V9 and V10 would be preferred as there is no decocker or any chance to accidentally decock the pistol when disengaging the safety.
    Last edited by PorterM; 08-14-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The HK45C V3 is decocker only. As far as I know all of the USPs could be configured that way. Of course, the Mark 23 is the best setup. I’m guessing OP may not realize V1 pistols are both manual safety and decocker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My go to pistol for years, and even occasionally today, is the Colt 1911. It is best carried cocked and locked but at the end of the day I also wished I could unload an uncocked pistol. With the 1911, you can't rack the slide with out disengaging the safety. I was hoping to have a .45 that I could carry cocked with safety engaged for a SA operation from the first round but to decock the pistol at the end of the day.

Does that make sense? I do know there was one 1911 style pistol where the thumb safety blocked the hammer but not the slide.

Alternatively, I could wait for a .45 ACP VP. :)

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

All of the variant 1 and 2 have manual safety for cocked and locked carry and the safety also acts as a decocking lever. Some don’t like it because it is possible to press the safety so hard that you decock the pistol. I haven’t had that issue and you are still able to have the DA pull if it does happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Converted this USP Compact 9mm to V9, really like this version, as a side note, V9 also eliminates the 1/2 cock.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

V1 is my preference!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a USP45c that I converted to V9 because I was concerned about accidentally decocking. Keep in mind that you do still have second strike capability in V9. However, in my opinion, tap and rack is a better option. On my HK45C I have left it as a V1. If I recall, it was much easier to decock the USP45c than it is to decock my HK45C. I don't think I will accidentally decock the HK45C.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I carry either my HK45 or HK45c (both V1's) condition 1 (cocked/locked) daily. some complain that they over extend/press the control lever and unintentionally de-cock the gun. I have never had this problem, and believe it to be a matter of training.

I have considered going to V9, but like the OP I like the option for de-cocking, although I've not used that function in a very long time.....
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper