HKPRO Forums banner

USP v7 factory LEM pre-2005

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TooSixy 
#1 ·
I have a LE trade in USP 40 v7 (LEM) with date code KI (98) and I have been trying to find out more about the factory trigger. I assume that mine came with the heavy LEM trigger as it was a former Police gun, but I have been unable to confirm that due to not having a trigger scale and unsuccessful internet searches. I have found kits online that convert v1/2 etc USP's to LEM with the option of a heavy or light trigger. Assuming I have the heavy LEM trigger and want to convert it to the light LEM trigger, *I THINK* all I need to buy the Light FPBS (209296), TRS (209266) and HS (214300). Is that correct?

The thing that really has me confused is that my USP is from 1998 and the LEM conversion kit I have seen require a different catch (219442) for USP's manufactured before 2005. Since my USP came LEM from the factory, would that mean I already have the proper catch even though mine was manufactured in 1998? I have read many different threads on the LEM trigger over the past couple of weeks and have not came across this specific question. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
Yours is probably a DAO (not a LEM). It would help if you could post a couple of pics of the hammer group area, especially the area between the sear and hammer. Then we can be for sure what you have and tell you what you need to convert it to a Light LEM.

#3 ·
It has a bobbed hammer and the trigger is extremely heavy until the slide is racked. If these pics aren't helpful I can take more in the morning. Thank you.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.