will HK make a VP45? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: will HK make a VP45?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Actually, no. Every caliber didnít get equal improvement. The .380 is too slow to overcome filling of the hollow point and fail to expand more often than not with current technology.

.40 was already operating at such high pressure better propellants donít gain anything.

.45 has been a black hole for a while and not really as researched as 9mm and .40 S&W. However, marginal performance increases have been attained.

Guys, the data is out there. Donít put your fingers in your ear and scream ďlalalalalal I canít hear you.Ē

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, I agree that for the average civilian shooter, 9mm is probably best. That being said, I am not a civilian shooter nor am I an average shooter and I stand by what I said works for me personally...

Also, one must consider the possibility of confirmation bias in the FBI study given the circumstances under which it was conducted... but now we are getting way off-topic.
    LCSO264 likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

Not at all. Please, show me where Iím wrong.

Go by an arms store. Ask what they sell more of. Call Lucky Gunner, ask what they sell the most of.

Look at posts by DocGKR, see FBI testing.

Look at FBI uniform crime reports and see the data on mean rounds fired to incapacitation.

Look at the LE trade-ins and see which are always in stock and which calibers.

Look at the equipment in competition circles. In disciplines where .40 and .45 used to be a thing, 9mm Major rules the roost. People are leaving limited for minor disciplines.

1995 called, they want their .40 and .45s back.

/thread.
    Because 9mm is a less expensive sidearm, with less expensive ammunition (?)--- less expensive does not equate to more popular!!!
    By your reasoning, I suppose that the .22LR is the most popular --- I will trust my life (and the lives of others) with a .45 ACP--- all day, every day.
    If you are a 9mm Homer will HK make a VP45?-tenor.gif, then just say so.
    I guess since my USP45 is a KF/95, it loves it some .45ACP.
    Curious--- are you a blue pill millennial?

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 08-19-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    LCSO264 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    How about a contract with U.S. consumers???

Tony
    LMAF

The VP45 is on the same list as that single stack 9mm Sub Compact ;)
    PorterM likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    Again, I agree that for the average civilian shooter, 9mm is probably best. That being said, I am not a civilian shooter nor am I an average shooter and I stand by what I said works for me personally...

Also, one must consider the possibility of confirmation bias in the FBI study given the circumstances under which it was conducted... but now we are getting way off-topic.
    What kind of shooter are you?

The only instance which any round significantly performs better than 9mm is it we are relegated to FMJ. In that instance, .45 ACP performs better.

124 gr 9mm+p Gold Dots outperform 230 gr FMJ from .45 ACP.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Because 9mm is a less expensive sidearm, with less expensive ammunition (?)--- less expensive does not equate to more popular!!!
    By your reasoning, I suppose that the .22LR is the most popular --- I will trust my life (and the lives of others) with a .45 ACP--- all day, every day.
    If you are a 9mm Homer Click image for larger version.†

Name:	tenor.gif†
Views:	31†
Size:	166.8 KB†
ID:	240088, then just say so.
    I guess since my USP45 is a KF/95, it loves it some .45ACP.
    Curious--- are you a blue pill millennial?

Tony

Whatís with all the silly colors?

I see you insult the messenger rather than arguing the point at hand. You are being both juvenile and dense.

No, .45 ACP firearms donít cost anymore than their 9mm counterparts and that isnít the reasoning behind the switch. Glocks are virtually the same regardless of cartridge.

So the results donít match your choice, so it must be wrong? Weird. I guess the repeated test is wrong every time because your emotions are so fragile? Ironically, there are many situations which the .45 ACP performed much below 9mm and .40 S&W.

I donít care what you choose to use, but if you canít back up your choice with data, itís like saying your favorite color is blue. I donít give a F what color you prefer or what cartridge you shoot. But donít act as if youíre in the know when the data says youíre wrong.

I suppose I can lead a horse to water, but some just wonít drink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind of shooter are you?

The only instance which any round significantly performs better than 9mm is it we are relegated to FMJ. In that instance, .45 ACP performs better.

124 gr 9mm+p Gold Dots outperform 230 gr FMJ from .45 ACP.

The type that hits what he is aiming at regardless of the caliber used... and for the record I actually prefer .357 sig over .45 for edc purposes. My 45 ACP pistols are my camping/woods guns.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The type that hits what he is aiming at regardless of the caliber used... and for the record I actually prefer .357 sig over .45 for edc purposes. My 45 ACP pistols are my camping/woods guns.
    Cool story.

Regardless, anybody shooting .357 Sig or .45 ACP will shoot FASTER with a 9mm. Itís physics.

sickness likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool story.

Regardless, anybody shooting .357 Sig or .45 ACP will shoot FASTER with a 9mm. It’s physics.

Perhaps, I can't say I have ever timed myself when I was shooting anything other than paper or steel.

Anyways, we are way off-topic at this point and we got the answer directly from HK so... good discussion!
    Last edited by PorterM; 08-19-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Perhaps, I can't say I have ever timed myself when I was shooting anything other than paper or steel.
    And what things have you shot other than steel and paper?

What makes you choose .45 ACP when youíre in the woods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And what things have you shot other than steel and paper?

What makes you choose .45 ACP when you’re in the woods?

Attempting to stay on the topic at hand...

I like using .45 hard cast ammo for the backcountry or sometimes even .45 super in my USP. Who knows if it's actually more effective than some of the other choices used for that application but I like it, hence why a VP45 would be cool.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links