Usp or p30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Usp or p30

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

USP without a doubt. The recoil system and construction will take .40 with no problems, the trigger is better, the grip texture is better, and the mags are oh so slightly cheaper.
    DarkeWolf likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the p30 in 40 and a uspc in 40 and like the P30 a little better b/c of the frame, grip but the uspc is a tack driver...seriously!

Btw, went shooting with my wife yesterday, her P30 in 9 and mine in 40. In my hand I find no difference in recoil and for some reason I am more accurate with my 40. I really like the P30 in any caliber.
    Kjax1911 likes this.

win
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

awesome comparison... just what I was looking for.

I was wondering if their was a difference in recoil between the usp and p30.
    win
    P7M8
    VP9
    USP45
    USP9 X2
    P2000
    P30 X2
    USP 45 TACTICAL--stolen--

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post

The USP will have softer recoil compared to a P30 due to the dual spring RSA; the USP Compact does not have this RSA, and instead will feel similar to the P30 due to both designs using a single spring RSA. The dual spring RSA will give the USP a less linear recoil pattern, with many folks describing it as being a figure 8 reset pattern rather than a straight up and down.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-25-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

win
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you
    that makes sense.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post

My USP was .40 v1. I havent owned a p30, but have run rounds thru them in both .40 and 9mm.
    For me, the USP is the much better choice. In my experience, the symmetry between the recoil impulse and trigger pull were a dream come true. The recoil from the .40 would roll the gun backwards into my hand and place it almost perfectly for a follow up pull. This allowed me to do some extremely fast mag dumps! While not cost effective, or combat effective, it was FUN as all heck!!
    I could not achieve this, with the p30 due to the much different trigger pull.

USP better trigger pull than p30. P30 better ergonomics and customizable grip.

USP tended to pull straight up, and kinda just "roll" rearward into the palm. In my experience, the p30 went somewhat upwards, and off to the right. Tho, that could be my grip, and choice of grip panel configuration, as my VP's do the same thing.

I'm kinda left wondering about the experience level of your friend as far as shooting goes. Maybe it's just the way of your writing style, but it kinda sounds like they are buying a gun, just to buy a gun. Especially as most shooters would prefer to experience the weapon in live fire, before making a purchase.
    NOT that I am bashing on your friend, by any means, or for any reason. Just saying what it makes me think.
    Regardless, I hope that your friend ends up using the pistol, is ok with the heavier recoil and louder muzzle blast of a .40, and ends up enjoying both their gun, and shooting. :)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

win
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well I would say he is a novice shooter. Shoots for fun when he can.
    I have had other friends decline an offer to take a gun for the weekend.
    I have had some friends accept the gun and ask for ammo. LOL
    I was not to worried that he did not want to try it. I think he ll like the usp.
    He wanted 40 however. Not sure why but that's what he wanted and I did not feel the need to change his mind.
    Nothing wrong with 40. I prefer 9mm, 45acp then 40s&w but thats just me.
    I am just glad he getting a HK.
    When he told me he wanted a handgun and wanted a 40 I was thinking in my mind USP all the way.
    He's not the kinda of guy that has a ton of guns. I wanted him to get a quality gun that would last a lifetime. USP and P30 were the top two that popped in my mind. I probably could have sold him on a glock or a m&p. He says I am a gun guy and he will trust what I say. LOL
    The gun might not see 200 rounds a year. But it's a go to war gun and will last a life time and hold it's value.
    Maybe getting his first HK will strike an itch. LOL it sure did with me.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skottieusa View Post
    I have the p30 in 40 and a uspc in 40 and like the P30 a little better b/c of the frame, grip but the uspc is a tack driver...seriously!

Btw, went shooting with my wife yesterday, her P30 in 9 and mine in 40. In my hand I find no difference in recoil and for some reason I am more accurate with my 40. I really like the P30 in any caliber.

Funny... I was thinking the exact same thing when I opened this thread, then I came upon your post. I have USP full size and compact in all calibers and I have a p30L in 9mm and .40. There is absolutely no discernible difference in felt recoil from my perspective between the 9 mm and a 40 in my p30L’s, but I am much more accurate with the 40 in this platform, go figure. Just goes to show that ymmv...
    HK45 tac
    USP45 tac
    USP9 tac
    USP9c
    USP40c
    USP45c
    VP9le x 2
    VP9 Long Slide
    P30LS 9 v3
    P30L .40 v3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links