Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Usp or p30

win
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Usp or p30

I was helping a friend pick out a pistol.
    He wanted a 40s&w.
    I have a usp 40 and a P30 9mm.
    He came over and held them quite a bit. I offered to let him shoo them but he did not want to.
    I gave him info on both models and let him deiced.
    He really like the grip of the P30, but like the track record of the usp.
    He chose the usp. He bough a LE trade in off gunbroker. Should be here in a week or so.
    So what do you think? In .40s&w USP or P30?
    win
    P7M8
    VP9
    USP45
    USP9 X2
    P2000
    P30 X2
    USP 45 TACTICAL--stolen--

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

For me P30 9MM no question. Your friend should have shot both and then made a decision. Weird that he did not.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeah, it is strange that your friend did not shoot your USP40 or P30 when he had the chance. But your friend couldn't have gone wrong with either in the end. The USP40 was designed for the .40 S&W cartridge. Ditto for the P30 in 9mm. I have and shoot both, and they're excellent but different guns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I know .40 is out of vogue, but you cannot go wrong with either of those options.
    The USP was built around the .40, and is arguably the toughest modern HK polymer hammer-fired. The USP series has the best triggers, and you can make it better with the match trigger options. The dual-recoil spring really kills that snappy recoil of the .40; all the trigger variant options really make the USP shine in the versatility over the P30.
    It's too big for concealed carry; it can conceal on the way into a direct action situation if that's what you do for a living, but it ain't exactly comfortable or unnoticeable around the mall for a normal American in America ha.

Nothing wrong you can say about the P30, at all. Quite the opposite. It's certainly the better model for concealed or even realistic duty carry. It's the most ergonomic pistol I'm aware of; ambi everything; streamlined action regardless of trigger group.

Congrats to your boy on the new piece. If the frame's getting loose on his police trade, he can have HKI in GA get him a new one--it takes a while but if it was a SWAT guy's it may have seen a lot of practice rounds (that happen to me on a G35 once, and sic'd). Might be worth looking into the date code on this forum, and seeing what parts he may want to update/springs to refresh and go ahead and get them on the way.
    Last edited by Disregarded9-side; 08-24-2019 at 02:42 AM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Wise decision!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not too much info on the primary purpose of the pistol, but of the two I'd go USP. It was designed around the 40 and handles it quite well. I had a P30 40 cal, and even though it was reliable and accurate, I prefer my USP40 more. Sold the P30 but still have the USP... my last remaining 40 cal pistol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    I was helping a friend pick out a pistol.
    He wanted a 40s&w.

So what do you think? In .40s&w USP or P30?
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    For me P30 9MM no question. Your friend should have shot both and then made a decision. Weird that he did not.

win
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He wanted a 40 not a 9mm.
    Me personalty I would go 9 but 40 is good too.
    It will be a range/truck/house gun.
    Not sure why he did not want to shoot it. I am thinking he was uncomfortable taking someones gun.
    I asked him if he ever thought about a ccw permit. He did not seem to interested in getting one.
    If he would get a ccw I would have maybe tried to sell the p30 a bit. Just because of the mag compatibility with a sk or p2000.
    I love my usp40. I have tried other 40 cal. and did not like them.
    Well the CHP 4006TSW is pretty good. But I could do with out the m&p and glock 40. But that's just me.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Fullsize USP .40sw is the best .40sw pistol I have ever shot, with it's Recoil Reduction System, nothing else come close.
    DarkeWolf likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think they both have their good and bad points. I like the trigger on the USP better but the P30 has the comfort of the grip that fits like a glove. tough choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links