HK45 shoots left
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: HK45 shoots left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK45 shoots left

I have several hk pistols and all I shoot well and straight, just got a HK45 and im hitting left on my targets. Even slow fire watching my sights?????
    the sights look straight so im not sure if its the size of grip or what?
    3 different types of ammo tried.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdem View Post
    I have several hk pistols and all I shoot well and straight, just got a HK45 and im hitting left on my targets. Even slow fire watching my sights?????
    Shoot bench supported, and the have someone else shoot it for comparison. I have three HK45s and one HK45c. They all shot POA POI at 25 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dobe

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

99% of the time when somebody is shooting left it’s the shooter. That 1% of the time the pistol needs zeroed.

So what are shooters doing?

Usually anticipation and/or slapping the trigger when they think they have a perfect sight picture. That is ok but it must be compensated for.

What is the cure?

More support hand pressure and learning to press the trigger when there is an acceptable sight picture without the sense of urgency. Accept there if no perfect sight picture and press the trigger straight to the rear when in acceptable wobble zone.

Question, have you experimented with grip panels? The wrong setup could prevent a straight rearward press. Is this a new fire control system for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PorterM and WolfieRules like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdem View Post
    Use a bore sight, and you'll be set.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's your :
    Distance
    Target size
    Group size
    Left by how much

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My guess, because I have the same problem is large hands and a long finger. It’s the worst designed modern HK handgun. The LOP is so short as compared to any other HK handgun and on top of it they did not manufacture the HK45 with interchangeable grip panels. I have spent a fortune on one before I ever shot it and since spent more trying everything to lengthen the LOP. Matter of fact even cut and added length to the trigger arm and gained a few MM’s of LOP.

My finger slides to deep as I shoot the HK45. Start the session on sweat spot of finger but begin to slide across trigger.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Are you staging the trigger in DA and SA? Are you pressing the trigger with constant and deliberate pressure from start to finish?

What about trigger finger placement? Sweet spot (finger pad) or towards the distal joint?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

plus side is I shoot in my back yard so tonight ill try to shoot off rest, watch my trigger squeeze and focus on sights. I tried to group in SA and shot a 5in group at 15yds standing. I have several hk pistols VP9, P30, P2000 which all shoot POA-POI so this is the only one that's off per say, but is the biggest platform. Ive got the larger backstrap on it which feels best. I do have large hands. Ill give results tomorrow and see what I need to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this pistol fits different from my P30's, VP9's and P2000's. I noticed it instantly when I bought it but wanted the HK45 to add to collection. I do have large hands so ill see how my hand fits compared to the others tonight....

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

should be simple enough. If it shoots left, move the rear sight to the right. Everyone, like above posters are trying to be helpful, but!! We all hold, see and shoot pistols-rifles differently.
    I am right handed, left eye dominate and like you big hands with long fingers. The rear sight on most of my pistols, including my USPSA Smith revolver are pretty far to the right. This is NOT a problem with my weapons, it is how my hands and eyes work for those weapons.
    Have you ever picked up an AR platform rifle and found that you shot is a foot low left? That rifle was not zeroed for you. When I was in Germany, back in the 70's. Shooting with the Germans with their G3's The German army and HK zeroed all their weapons to one standard. The German soldier then learned HIS "Kentucky windage" or hold off for that weapon to hit his intended target. I was told at most of the HK classes I took that HK still does that. HK weapons used to come with the test fire target in the box. They were all zeroed to an HK spec. Nothing wrong with that thinking, it is simply what the Germans did.
    HK USPs don't fit my hand very well...I have to adapt. Glocks are even worse. I even had a couple of questions about my Glock 19 I carried in Baghdad about my rear sight being almost all the way to the right side of the slide.
    My advice to a customer like you would be: It is YOUR HK45, your piece of equipment, make it work for YOU. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!!!
    HTH: Phil
    PorterM and Rockdem like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links