Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan *HK*
  • 1 Post By AGG

Thread: P7Mx threaded barrels ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P7Mx threaded barrels ?

Hello ,

I have a question for some of you P7 series experts . I have a threaded barrel I purchased from a member here back in 2010. Itís a factory HK barrel that appears to have had a adapter added to it by doing a internal thread of the factory barrel. Itís a fluted barrel and threaded in 1/2x28 supposedly , but I canít get my 1/2x28 cap or adapter to thread onto it . I just got it back from my smith here in town , Drake fine sporting arms . So when I got home I tried my can adapter and it didnít fit on , I took the gun back to the smith and had him check the thread pitch . Itís not 1/2x32 ...he said that the threads may not have been cut deep enough . He doesnít want to touch it , since it looks like whoever did the work originally didnít do it right and I should find out who it was. He is worried about a baffle strike since the original machining doesnít look perfect with alignment either . He also said that the threaded extension hasnít enough shoulder to keep most can adapters from hitting the front of the slide .

Any input would be appreciated... and if anyone knows about these barrels please advice. Iíve done my searches and havenít found much info . Iím thinking it is one of the runs done by AAC years ago. Someone mentioned they did 10ea in 1/2x28 and 10ea in 1/32 ď . They also said 10 were fluted and 10 were smooth chambered .

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, since I’m a new member ..again , I’m not allowed to PM the seller . His user name is viperjody if someone can message him for me and maybe have him PM me . Much appreciated !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A couple more posts and your Golden,..to send PMs
    Chinook335 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I have seen a threaded barrel that sounds like the one that you are describing and it had the same exact problem. I’m not sure who did the work but it was not done by someone who I would call a professional. Whoever it was, drilled into the polygonal rifling and screwed in an extension. They did not re-crown the barrel and you could see a slight bulge on the outside of the barrel where the extension/adapter was threaded in. I am very familiar with the AAC threaded barrels and they are of VERY high quality. A long factory barrel cut down, re-crowned and threaded to 1/2 X 28 would be you best option. Your next best option would be to have Tornado Technologies add a 13.5 X1 LH extension/adapter and use a 13.5 X1 LH surpresor. Adding a 13.5 X1 LH adapter is a lot easier then a 1/2 X 28 BC it’s slightly larger and there is more shoulder left on the barrel.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook335 View Post
    Hello ,

I have a question for some of you P7 series experts . I have a threaded barrel I purchased from a member here back in 2010. It’s a factory HK barrel that appears to have had a adapter added to it by doing a internal thread of the factory barrel. It’s a fluted barrel and threaded in 1/2x28 supposedly , but I can’t get my 1/2x28 cap or adapter to thread onto it . I just got it back from my smith here in town , Drake fine sporting arms . So when I got home I tried my can adapter and it didn’t fit on , I took the gun back to the smith and had him check the thread pitch . It’s not 1/2x32 ...he said that the threads may not have been cut deep enough . He doesn’t want to touch it , since it looks like whoever did the work originally didn’t do it right and I should find out who it was. He is worried about a baffle strike since the original machining doesn’t look perfect with alignment either . He also said that the threaded extension hasn’t enough shoulder to keep most can adapters from hitting the front of the slide .

Any input would be appreciated... and if anyone knows about these barrels please advice. I’ve done my searches and haven’t found much info . I’m thinking it is one of the runs done by AAC years ago. Someone mentioned they did 10ea in 1/2x28 and 10ea in 1/32 “ . They also said 10 were fluted and 10 were smooth chambered .

Cheers
    Could you post photos?
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook335 View Post
    Also, since I’m a new member ..again , I’m not allowed to PM the seller . His user name is viperjody if someone can message him for me and maybe have him PM me . Much appreciated !
    Welcome to the site--- 5 posts to PM!!!

Tony
    Chinook335 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brobus View Post
    I have seen a threaded barrel that sounds like the one that you are describing and it had the same exact problem. I’m not sure who did the work but it was not done by someone who I would call a professional. Whoever it was, drilled into the polygonal rifling and screwed in an extension. They did not re-crown the barrel and you could see a slight bulge on the outside of the barrel where the extension/adapter was threaded in. I am very familiar with the AAC threaded barrels and they are of VERY high quality. A long factory barrel cut down, re-crowned and threaded to 1/2 X 28 would be you best option. Your next best option would be to have Tornado Technologies add a 13.5 X1 LH extension/adapter and use a 13.5 X1 LH surpresor. Adding a 13.5 X1 LH adapter is a lot easier then a 1/2 X 28 BC it’s slightly larger and there is more shoulder left on the barrel.
    Brobus , thank you for the reply ...You just described it to a exact T. This has to be the same barrel . Hopefully I can have it salvaged . Otherwise , what a waste of mine and everyone else’s time and money .
    Last edited by Chinook335; 09-02-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have one of the AAC barrels. 1/2x32 fluted chamber. They are built threaded from the get-go and not modified.

I think Tornado technologies were the ones doing the extension/threading to the factory barrels. Can't speak to the quality of those.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links