Question About The Factory Extended Mag Release On The USP45
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hunter Rose

Thread: Question About The Factory Extended Mag Release On The USP45

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Question About The Factory Extended Mag Release On The USP45

What’s everyone’s opinion on the extended mag release for the USP45 ? Worthwhile or not needed ? Any accidental release ?
    This is for a duty weapon.
    Thanks in advance.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For a duty or defensive weapon I would not recommend it.

The HK45 Compact mag release looks like it drops in, however, when installed on the USP 45 the tab that engages the magazine does not protrude nearly as far into the frame as the stock USP part. Because of the reduced engagement area, some folks have had mags drop under recoil in their USP 45s and 45 Tacticals.

Personally, I wouldn't risk having a mag drop under recoil on a duty weapon. The HK45 Compact mag release definitely FEELS better, but the smaller USP mag release works just fine, while also ensuring the mag stays in the gun.
    My mission: To convert every HK USP, HK45, and HK45 Compact shooter on the planet to Variant 9.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    For a duty or defensive weapon I would not recommend it.

The HK45 Compact mag release looks like it drops in, however, when installed on the USP 45 the tab that engages the magazine does not protrude nearly as far into the frame as the stock USP part. Because of the reduced engagement area, some folks have had mags drop under recoil in their USP 45s and 45 Tacticals.

Personally, I wouldn't risk having a mag drop under recoil on a duty weapon. The HK45 Compact mag release definitely FEELS better, but the smaller USP mag release works just fine, while also ensuring the mag stays in the gun.
    Thanks HR. Exactly the honest answer I was looking for . It was only 20 bucks from HK Parts so maybe I’ll send it back . Or maybe to the parts bin it will go .

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick101ABN View Post
    Thanks HR. Exactly the honest answer I was looking for . It was only 20 bucks from HK Parts so maybe I’ll send it back . Or maybe to the parts bin it will go .
    First lesson, never order from HKParts.net unless you need the part quick and everyone else is out of stock!

They charged you $14 more than they should have, it's a $6 part available at multiple places.
    HK12Step likes this.

Sponsored Links