USA Proofed VP9? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: USA Proofed VP9?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Short of having a meticulous 1300+ page encyclopedia of serial number data (free plug for @AGG ;)... how would one tell what date code the new non-marked slides are? I didn't see one on any of the pictures I've seen of serial numbers under the rear sight.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZweiPistolen View Post
    I have a HK 45T that was made in Columbus. It has "HKU" as the prefix for the serial number as it appears stamped on the frame. Not sure when it was produced but I bought it NIB just a few months ago.

I was sort of nonplussed at first when I found out it wasn't made in Germany, but I really like it's ergos and how it shoots. Only 660 rounds through her, but the trigger seems to be smoothing up nicely.
    Check the frame's interior of your HK45T. You'll find the date code there.

I have an HK45 and HK45c, both US made (DA/SA triggers) with BF date codes. A friend of mine bought an HK45 and HK45c, both German made (DA/SA triggers) with BH date codes.

Here's the rub. The German ones have smoother and lighter triggers in DA (about 0.65 lb lighter). The SA and reset are the same. That really bothers me.
    ZweiPistolen likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    US guns are not required to be ‘proofed’, US guns are serialized. Euro gun are proofed and marked accordingly, US guns don’t have the markings because they are not required and not as cost savings.
    Regardless where the VP9 is made/assembled, rare is probably a stretch.
    Yep, got it. I confused "stamped" and "proofed" in my explanation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

All,

We had a very limited run of the VP9 & and VP9SK that were proofed here in Columbus Ga. They were still 100% assembled in Germany, we just proof fired them. They WERE NOT assembled here in the US like the HK45 Series.

Thank you
    AGG, TLOU_Joel, Chui and 1 others like this.
    HK Customer Service
    Hidden Content

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK CS1 View Post
    All,

We had a very limited run of the VP9 & and VP9SK that were proofed here in Columbus Ga. They were still 100% assembled in Germany, we just proof fired them. They WERE NOT assembled here in the US like the HK45 Series.

Thank you
    Excellent--- question answered!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK CS1 View Post
    ... had a very limited run of the VP9 & and VP9SK that were proofed here in Columbus Ga. They were still 100% assembled in Germany, we just proof fired them.
    Curious... to what end did you proof fire them (do they still have the Ulm/Nitro stamp)?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Curious... to what end did you proof fire them (do they still have the Ulm/Nitro stamp)?
    GASGUZZ,

They are proofed the same way they are in Germany, as well as the HK45 Series pistols are proofed here at HK-Col. They do not have the Germany proof marks as they are not proofed in Germany. They have a US proof mark on the barrel. No markings on the slide other than the serial number.

Thank you

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

GTK.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I am not 100% sure on the serial prefix for the HK45T. What is the date code on the slide, though? Are there any other serial numbers on the gun besides the location under the frame dust cover (white metal plate)?
    TooSixty,
    I couldn't find any markings on the slide(not including the serial number on the white metal plate under the dust cover) other than the roll marks "HK 45 .45 Auto", however, I did find the code "BH" stamped on the inside of the frame, located directly in front of the magazine well. I assume that that is the date code?
    Last edited by ZweiPistolen; 09-09-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    TooSixy likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Check the frame's interior of your HK45T. You'll find the date code there.

I have an HK45 and HK45c, both US made (DA/SA triggers) with BF date codes. A friend of mine bought an HK45 and HK45c, both German made (DA/SA triggers) with BH date codes.

Here's the rub. The German ones have smoother and lighter triggers in DA (about 0.65 lb lighter). The SA and reset are the same. That really bothers me.
    Vincent,
    thank you! I replied to the other question on this thread before I noticed your reply above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links