LEM woes - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 37 of 37
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: LEM woes

  1. #31
    Member

    Join Date : May 2017
    Location : VA, USA
    Posts : 64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Problem is with my VP9 and vp9 SK, I am very accurate, no left / low.

    Also a 45 isn't the easist lem to learn on.

  2. #32
    HKPRO Professional
    PorterM's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2012
    Location : Richmond, VA
    Posts : 259
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo_Tech View Post
    Problem is with my VP9 and vp9 SK, I am very accurate, no left / low.

    Also a 45 isn't the easist lem to learn on.
    I absolutely love my HK45 but I had a HUGE learning curve going from my V1 USP 45 to my LEM HK45. Now that I have practiced enough with it, I can switch between the two (and my VP9) effortlessly. The key is to keep practicing and learning where and how the LEM trigger breaks as it is a very unique system and it seems it just requires penty of trigger time for most folks to "get" it.
    WolfieRules likes this.

  3. #33
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Posts : 113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I had that same problem, too. I have two suggestions:

    1. I read an article from Bruce Gray that suggested dry firing with closed eyes. It sounds nuts, but practicing like that every night for two weeks made a world of difference.

    2. Slow down. When I was missing left, I was jerking the trigger, even though it didn't feel like it to me, and I had a fair amount of trigger time with other handguns.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jun 2018
    Posts : 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disregarded9-side View Post
    Whether or not you swap those out, try this next time you're at the range (this is how I learned to love the LEM, which took me until my 2nd LEM 'gun):
    Load up safely, aim at the target, focus on the front sight; now here's where I'm going to tell you to do the opposite of every firearms instructor, of the purpose of training with the LEM only. This isn't proper technique.

    With a solid bead drawn, and focused on your front sight, SLOWLY draw back the trigger all the way past pushing the firing pin block and then HOLD it against the "wall" with some pressure before it breaks. Get a feel for exactly where that point in the trigger is. Slowly squeeze and break the trigger. Let the trigger out justttt to the point of reset. Do it over and over again, slowly, until muscle memory understands this break point. You will naturally speed up. Keep going.
    While doing this, you are not treating it like a double action, you are shooting it like a single action, with a long take up. Kinda think in that mindset.
    I'd like to try this with my P30 v2 before I make any modifications. I think I understand what you’re saying, but just not sure what you mean regarding proper technique. Is it because you’re almost trying NOT to break the trigger. I probably just answered my question, just want to make sure I understand.

    I like doing a slow fire drill with my CZ P01 (TDA), and at first your drill sounded similar.

    I’ve had this P30 for awhile and it’s time to get better with it. Thank you.

  6. #35
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Posts : 113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    I'd like to try this with my P30 v2 before I make any modifications. I think I understand what you’re saying, but just not sure what you mean regarding proper technique. Is it because you’re almost trying NOT to break the trigger. I probably just answered my question, just want to make sure I understand.
    I think what @Disregarded9-side means is that lot of people will say that pulling the trigger until the pressure starts and then pausing before finishing the pull is staging the trigger. That's generally viewed as a serious problem with your technique, especially if you are shooting a revolver.

    With the LEM, though, it's kind of important to understand where the slack ends and the real pull begins. What @Disregarded9-side means, I think, is that once you have that down, you can practice speeding up the pull.
    Disregarded9-side likes this.

  7. #36
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jun 2018
    Posts : 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot10 View Post

    I think what @Disregarded9-side means is that lot of people will say that pulling the trigger until the pressure starts and then pausing before finishing the pull is staging the trigger. That's generally viewed as a serious problem with your technique, especially if you are shooting a revolver.

    With the LEM, though, it's kind of important to understand where the slack ends and the real pull begins. What @Disregarded9-side means, I think, is that once you have that down, you can practice speeding up the pull.
    Thanks Hotshot10, that makes sense. I tried it out today, I think it will help.

  8. #37
    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2019
    Posts : 76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    After changing springs, I'm completely unaware of the "wall". My P2000(V1.5)feels like a near perfect "DA pull"; about 10X better than my sig P250.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •