Brand new HK45c v1, concerning problem but not rendered defective
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Brand new HK45c v1, concerning problem but not rendered defective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Brand new HK45c v1, concerning problem but not rendered defective

I just purchased this HK a month ago, finally put its first 200 rounds thru it. MaxxTech, 500 rounds for like $130. It was about as dirty as Tula. However, at 7 and 25 yards, very accurate. When I was done I chambered my self defensive round (Lehigh 120gr Xtreme Defender) back in chamber and slapped in a full mag again and holstered it. 30min later I attempted to rack the chambered round out, and was stuck. The slide moved maybe a 1/4 inch. Not even enough to expose the nickel case in there. I removed mag, pulled slide back as far as it could, and sprayed Rem Oil down the mag well (first time being oiled as well of course). Also cocked back hammer put a spurt of it thru the back. After letting it seep for a few minutes, with incredible force I was able to rack chambered round out. Inspecting the round, there was nothing wrong with it to cause hang up. No nasty scoring on case, burrs or banged up lip. I then field stripped it. Extractor and everything else appeared fine as it should be. Now, I can rack out round in chamber but still takes a good amount of force to do so. Now, I cannot easily press check slide with hammer down on SA as I used to before putting any rounds thru it. What's going on? Anyone else had these issues?? I'm a little disappointed that it's doing this. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless this is a known issue and others chime in with advice (I've never heard of it myself), my first thought would be to call HK CS and tell them exactly what you posted. I'm sure they'll be interested to hear it. Contrary to what used to be popular opinion, HS CS is top notch nowadays. They'll take care of you.

ETA: Question - is the pistol hard to rack with any ammo now, or just the Lehigh? In other words, is the pistol inherently acting different now?
    Last edited by Mullhead; 09-08-2019 at 02:22 AM.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm not reading "cleaned it" anywhere in your post. I'd try that first given how you describe the MaxxTech ammo as being very dirty.
    WolfieRules likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Purchased new or used? Cleaned and oiled before firing for the first time?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Pro-tip: RemOil is ****ing garbage. Far better lubes exist, such as Slip2000, ALG Go-Juice, Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil, Liberty Gun Lube, Hell you would do better with Mobil-1.

I'd also strongly reconsider your choice in carry ammo, and choose something less gimmicky.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-08-2019 at 05:49 AM.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Pro-tip: RemOil is ****ing garbage. Far better lubes exist, such as Slip2000, ALG Go-Juice, Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil, Liberty Gun Lube, Hell you would do better with Mobil-1.

I'd also strongly reconsider your choice in carry ammo, and choose something less gimmicky.
    +1 to both these. I use mobil 1 on my handguns and AR's. I use white lithium on my roller locks. And use regular ammo. I use HST. They can be had from a few sources for 20-25.00 a 50 rd box and work well.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update! I can now press check or otherwise work the slide with ease as it was brand new. I think I may go thru the rest of that 300 rounds or try other cleaner standard ball rounds (Win/Rem/MagTech/etc)and see if it does the same. If it does I will contact someone. But out of nowhere the slide became cooperative again lol after a few hard racks it decided to work as normal. I'm guessing it could have been its first rounds/break in period, dirty fouling ammo, with no lube. We will see

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    Feedramp/chamber no likey the Lehigh Defense bullet design--- keep us updated.

Tony

PC7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I suspect dirty ammo as the culprit.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I would watch that Maxxtech stuff. I was shooting some in 9mm in my B&T APC9 and one round was a squib, managed to lock my weapon up as the bullet lodged just ahead of the chamber and while the case ejected, the next round jammed against the bullet from the previous round. I figure there was no powder at all and the force of the primer was enough to do that...great quality control...My B&T was unharmed but I got rid of all that ammo.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    Retired 0-4
    USSOCCENT
    CJSOTF-S
    TFKBAR
    Khandahar, AFG
    Liaison:Bundeswehr DSO Afghanistan 2002

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links