OEM HK45 After maket sights, real improvment?

Thread: OEM HK45 After maket sights, real improvment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default OEM HK45 After maket sights, real improvment?

Hello guys,

Long story short, I was home yesterday enjoying the day off when all of a sudden, i felt an urge for recoil and the smell of freshly burnt gown powder. I grabbed my VP9 and my Sig P938 Legion and headed to my local wallys world for some ammo and surprise, surprise ammo shelf's at Wallys were empty, with the exception of "hunting ammo". I headed out very disappointed since I've been buying ammo very conveniently here for a long time and briefly complaint to a wally's employee about they're stupid political decisions and headed to my LGS looking for 9mm, LGS was oddly out of 9amm also, so I ended up grabbing 45 ACP and had to come back home for my HK45 (German) and finally hit the range. All I can say is wow, the HK45 is accurate!! I shot a very tight 10 shot group at around 15 feet. When I walked out there I could only think about how much better I could do with after market sights? the HK45 trigger is great for me so I'm not even thinking of messing with it (STOCK).. this is what brought me here to ask you guys for knowledge based on your experiences, will after market sights make a big improvement on my accuracy or should I just stick to the old "if it isn't broke don't fix it" saying. Any recommendations of after market sights appreciated.

thank you, have a nice day.
    If you seek peace buy a USP.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

It depends on how you plan to use your HK45. Is it going to be a HD gun or just a range/toy gun? If it's HD then I would go for the Meprolight sights as they are factory standard night sights and I have put them on many, many members' guns.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    It depends on how you plan to use your HK45. Is it going to be a HD gun or just a range/toy gun? If it's HD then I would go for the Meprolight sights as they are factory standard night sights and I have put them on many, many members' guns.
    +1 to TooSixy's comment. I also like the TruGlo tritium fiber-optic sights. I have them on both my Usp's and love them.
    ROCK OUT WITH YOUR KOCH OUT!!
    SEMPER FI Marines!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    Hello guys,

Long story short, I was home yesterday enjoying the day off when all of a sudden, i felt an urge for recoil and the smell of freshly burnt gown powder. I grabbed my VP9 and my Sig P938 Legion and headed to my local wallys world for some ammo and surprise, surprise ammo shelf's at Wallys were empty, with the exception of "hunting ammo". I headed out very disappointed since I've been buying ammo very conveniently here for a long time and briefly complaint to a wally's employee about they're stupid political decisions and headed to my LGS looking for 9mm, LGS was oddly out of 9amm also, so I ended up grabbing 45 ACP and had to come back home for my HK45 (German) and finally hit the range. All I can say is wow, the HK45 is accurate!! I shot a very tight 10 shot group at around 15 feet. When I walked out there I could only think about how much better I could do with after market sights? the HK45 trigger is great for me so I'm not even thinking of messing with it (STOCK).. this is what brought me here to ask you guys for knowledge based on your experiences, will after market sights make a big improvement on my accuracy or should I just stick to the old "if it isn't broke don't fix it" saying. Any recommendations of after market sights appreciated.

thank you, have a nice day.
    I prefer the Meprolight night sight, with Trijicon night sight running a close second place.
    YMMV
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The Meps are actually very good, TFX Pros are an option that HK offered as OE when Mep had a shortage. HKCS armorer said he had TFX Pros on his personal CCW. Either work just fine. Trij HDs are too tall and sharp compared to the Meps/TFX IMO
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the reply's, ill check out your suggestions.

Sponsored Links