VP9 Riding The Slide Lock. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: VP9 Riding The Slide Lock.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

My thumbs don't ride slide on any semi-auto pistol so I've never had this problem. Simple cure FredBart, just shoot HKs :-)
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made
    P30 v3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you inspected the plastic follower to see if it’s been worn or damaged in the corner where it pushes the slide lock?
    Honor, justice, and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. --Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FredBart View Post
    I had to lower my thumb position ( right handed) to insure consistent slide lock back as the final round in a magazine is fired. It must not take much pressure on the slide release bar to keep the slide from locking back. I have never had a pistol this sensitive to thumb position. Perhaps if one only shoots H&K pistols the lowered thumb becomes second nature. 1911's, Glocks and S&W don't seem to be sensitive to thumb position.

I feel the exact same way. Never had this issue with my M&P. I guess my hands just sit on the gun in a way that hits the slide release.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Have you inspected the plastic follower to see if it’s been worn or damaged in the corner where it pushes the slide lock?
    Yes all seems to be fine. I will probably change them out a long with the mag release anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the same issue, but I also have the issue when I shoot Glocks. I tried adjusting my grip, but I don't feel like I shoot as well and it doesn't reliably solve the issue with me. I just treat it like an MP5 and change mags when I get a click.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Q_Unit View Post
    I have the same issue, but I also have the issue when I shoot Glocks. I tried adjusting my grip, but I don't feel like I shoot as well and it doesn't reliably solve the issue with me. I just treat it like an MP5 and change mags when I get a click.
    Sucks that I have to change my grip. Other than that it’s a phenomenal pistol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've never had that issue with my VP40 either. My thoughts are:

1. Have another experienced shooter shoot the pistol to see if the problem is replicated; However, if the problem surfaces with the other shooter(s), then I'd...

2. Contact HK Customer Service, describe the issue, and have them examine the pistol; make sure you send it will all of your magazines.

Best, Jon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

PlusAD- it's not your pistol. It's your mag extensions. You posted previously that applying pressure against the base of the extensions would allow the slide to lock back reliably.
    There was a member who posted the same problem a while back.
    My own experience using an extension, is that the factory mag springs are just a tad bit too short to provide positive, reliable lockback, in aftermarket baseplate s that alter the length. IE- Some aftermarket extensions.
    Use factory mags for your defense rig.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PlusAD View Post
    ... this particular 20 round magazine extension spring may lose its tension over time but it happens so quickly that it’s hard to believe. I’ve asked others if they’ve had issues with the 20 round mag extension and they seem to be running fine. Maybe a design flaw in the actual mag extension where the spring sits to low and can’t generate enough tension?
    What ext/spring are these (to notify the forum)?
    From my reads, the top performing is the Solum Tool ext/spring. But diminishing returns when you price it out, you might as well get the HK 20rd (and have another mag).
    The mag base is not the culprit (the spring is in compression), your testing eliminates it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusAD View Post
    ... this particular 20 round magazine extension spring may lose its tension over time but it happens so quickly that it’s hard to believe. I’ve asked others if they’ve had issues with the 20 round mag extension and they seem to be running fine. Maybe a design flaw in the actual mag extension where the spring sits to low and can’t generate enough tension?
    What ext/spring are these (to notify the forum)?
    From my reads, the top performing is the Solum Tool ext/spring. But diminishing returns when you price it out, you might as well get the HK 20rd (and have another mag).
    The mag base is not the culprit (the spring is in compression), your testing eliminates it.
    The magazine extension was from HK Parts but if the people who I’ve reached out to who have the same mag extension has not had a issue at all. They’ve even sent me a replacement and it worked for a bit but eventually started happening again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links