HK Expert Sights
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK Expert Sights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK Expert Sights

I just picking up my new Expert 45 and really, really like it ! I shot it for the first time today and it was right on target. The only negative was the black on black sights - my 70 year old eyes did not like them that well. I'm thinking of painting the front sight blade white to provide some contrast for my old eyes. Thoughts on this or other suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Congrats!

I usually see people paint the front sight Red or Orange to make it stand out.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paint the sight as noted above.

You could also replace front sight with a Dawson Precision Fiber Optic front sight if you need it to jump out more.
    My mission: To convert every HK USP, HK45, and HK45 Compact shooter on the planet to Variant 9.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nice pistol choice. I use the stock sights but I can understand some want to change out the front site.
    HK - No Compromise

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Paint the sight as noted above.

You could also replace front sight with a Dawson Precision Fiber Optic front sight if you need it to jump out more.
    I bought my Expert when I still had good eyes 18 years ago. Back then the competition adjustable sights worked for me. The theory on the black blade sights is that the light that passes between the front blade and the rear sight is what the shooter focuses on. When the light segments on both sides of the front blade are identical, you are centered. Sadly, my eyes aged and I can't see the light with the same crispness. It flares the front sight blade out and I can't distinguish center. The above suggestion is a good suggestion to help with that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats on the new gun, I found the sights on the Expert take a little getting use to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first thing I did with my expert was replace the sights with Meprolight adjustable night sights. Black on black may be fine for standing shooting at paper but for competition or defense I like to find my sights in a hurry.
    mew likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Purchased some gloss white acrylic paint yesterday and painted my front sight - it really jumps out at me now. Going to the range today to try it out ( :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I picked up the Expert 45 a few days ago and felt the same way about the sights. Went to the Dawson site and several reviews stated that they had bought the front fiber optic in .280 height and with .110 width. With the stock rear notch at .125 and a stock .140 front, the .110 Dawson should work out much better keeping the rear at .125. But first I'll do what Cladd did.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Dawson Fiber front for sure. Needs a bit of fitting. I did the .285" tall .140" wide, I'm a bit iffy on the speed of acquisition with it though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links