Couple of VP9 Questions... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Couple of VP9 Questions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Malfunctions were numerous failures to eject/stovepipes. Also had some where the spent casing ejected but the slide did not go back far enough to pick up the next round. I left the slide locked back overnight but it’s field stripped right now for cleaning and pending cutting down the right side lever.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

cutting that lever will void any warranty I don't recommend doing that
    2BDivn likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Need more basis...
    Do your reloads function in your other 9 guns? What is near-max load of W231, within .2gr under max?
    Have you fired factory ammo to vet the pistol/machine? Are you modding it (already) prior to reaching 500 rounds?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmac28 View Post
    I read somewhere that HK "recommends" firing 500 rounds of 124gr to break in the gun. Ammo quality has s lot to do with it too. I've got close to 5000 rounds through each of my VP9's. I fire several hundred rounds of either MaggTech or American Eagle 124 gr or 115 gr each range trip without issue. As soon as I load up Blazer Brass 124 gr I get stovepipes within the 1st 20 or so rounds. As for taking down the trigger and/or seer pack, it's fairly easy to do. See the video here: https://youtu.be/z5FT2jJSZVQ

I strongly recommend spending the $20 to get the HK Armorer's Trigger Spring pliers from HKParts for re-assembly. You'll thank me later!
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Trig...-409p16031.htm
    Trigger pliers are helpful but I made my own with a pair of needle nose pliers and my Dremel drill.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    Just buy a spare lever. Cut it the way you want. If you ever have a warranty issue with the gun, well, you know what to do.

I have a VP40 and a 9mm long slide kit that I enjoy shooting. I am a lefty, and unless I change my grip (which I don’t like to do) I consistently get failures to lock the slide back on an empty mag singularly due to my thumb position.

If I were ever to carry the VP, which I don’t see happening, I would mod a slide lever. Since mine is range (and possibly HD), I haven’t gone the extra step. If HK ever offers a shorty lever, I would certainly buy one.
    Gunuts likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    I’m OK with that. I’m NOT OK with a lever that makes me change my grip that I use on every other handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Need more basis...
    Do your reloads function in your other 9 guns? What is near-max load of W231, within .2gr under max?
    Have you fired factory ammo to vet the pistol/machine? Are you modding it (already) prior to reaching 500 rounds?
    Good question. This was the first handgun I’ve fired them in. I normally load 124gr but a buddy sold me a box for a price I couldn’t pass up. I do know that they work 100% in my PTR MP5 clone. I would expect that to need stronger ammo than a handgun but maybe not. Yes, someone gave me five rounds of 124gr Fiocchi and it worked 100%. It did have fewer malfunctions the more I shot it so it may be loosening up/breaking in. The next time I take it out I will bring my usual 124gr reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by hvrnaut View Post
    Just buy a spare lever. Cut it the way you want. If you ever have a warranty issue with the gun, well, you know what to do.

I have a VP40 and a 9mm long slide kit that I enjoy shooting. I am a lefty, and unless I change my grip (which I don’t like to do) I consistently get failures to lock the slide back on an empty mag singularly due to my thumb position..
    That’s exactly what I did: ordered a spare right side lever.

Also, is it just me or does the VP9 have a weird hitch at the beginning of the trigger pull?
    Last edited by pokey074; 09-23-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Saw the word "reloads", that is all.
    ca survivor likes this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    P30 LS
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

No snags in the pull of my VP9 or my SK. Both were awesome.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know why people want to buy guns that are not made for the ammo they want to shoot in them...
    WolfieRules likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Gee there is another thread going on where people talked about a “VP9” winning an area match. Bet you a dollar to a donut that he was shooting reloads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links