Couple of VP9 Questions... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Couple of VP9 Questions...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

REDPILLREGRET, I reload, but for matches or classes is factory ammo only, that might be the case with that VP-9 winning, who knows maybe it was me winning on that match you mentioned.

Edit to add: I just look at the match you mentioned, NO it wasn't me LOL...........
    Last edited by ca survivor; 09-23-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pokey074 View Post
    I do know that they work 100% in my PTR MP5 clone. I would expect that to need stronger ammo than a handgun but maybe not.
    Subguns don’t need stronger/hi-press ammo, but they can eat stronger/hi-press subguns-only ammo (which are cautioned against pistols). And subs are a different breed, I’ve shot gasp/OMG 115gr Berdan primed steel through my SP89 and Uzi/Model-A and never had a hiccup.

If there are pistols that need ‘break-in’, the VP9 and P30L are reported (often enough) to be such. This especially after the VP9 started shipping with the .40 RS. But as alluded, once you break it in you’re GTG with 115gr (as approved by HK).

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    REDPILLREGRET, I reload, but for matches or classes is factory ammo only, that might be the case with that VP-9 winning, who knows maybe it was me winning on that match you mentioned.

Edit to add: I just look at the match you mentioned, NO it wasn't me LOL...........
    Most competition shooters are shooting reloads. You leave a lot on the table shooting factory ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ca survivor likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, I know, I'm retired and don't have much time to reload, barely time to hit the range.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I used to reload 25yrs ago.
    Most folks (especially in this sub-forum) perceive reloading as cost-savings, while it may be the primary reason it is definitely not to all. Reloading allows cartridge component/performance customization to match the target/objective.
    It is not unusual for hunters to custom handload their special soup to fit the prey. As I’m also not surprised to hear/read pistol competitors handload their ammo.
    Disregarded9-side likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I only shoot factory ammunition both for practice/competition and for carry/duty/self/home defense; my practice/competition cartridges are analog cartridges (i.e, similar regarding both bullet weights and power/performance) to my carry/duty loads.

While I fully agree that a knowledgeable, skilled and judicious user can indeed eke the maximum (or desired/specified) performances out of carefully crafted handloads, that's not where I'm at personally. Virtually all of my guns (and specifically, both of my HK pistols) are concurrently used for carry, duty, competition (primarily IDPA/ASI) and home defense. So for me, it's factory fodder all the way-these days, usually Sellier & Bellot and/or American Eagle).

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonHK40; 09-23-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    WolfieRules and ca survivor like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Avoid Winchester white Box my experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I reload 9, 40, and 45. Run them thru all my HK's without a problem. Medium power for all, I also run sellier ammo thru them without a problem too, little hotter feeling but its just range ammo. I have 4 Vp9's and all of them ran great out of the box, didn't have any real break in period and all have had different ammo thru them.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm guessing that it will function 100% with my 124gr loads but I won't be able to get to the range until Friday at the earliest.

I believe the "hitch" I've been describing is the trigger bar moving the firing pin safety out of the way. I'm sure that will smooth out as it gets used.

Overall I like it, even if it is different than GLOCK which is what I usually shoot. But, even GLOCK has some things that I don't like and change: sights and cutting the same right side lever off for the slide stop on the gen5.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    What's the 'malfunction'? If slide won't lock back and all else works fine, it's your grip hitting slide release levers...the VP40 spring does prefer 124 as do HK 9mm in my experience.

You can also lock slide back overnight. My VP9 collection eats 115 all day, but prefer 124, unless it's 115+P+.

She'll never let you down once 'broken in'. My main range toy has gone bang (all but 5 times due to some ammo out of spec) essentially 25K times in a row. This one I'm running until it breaks, then sending to HK for a tune up...could be long time before I need to do so.

Have fun, they're great pistols. Though my recent P30 acquisition is growing on me, think I need a 30L
    You do need a p30L. They are my favorites. Well, maybe usp's are. Or the vp9's....well, I love em all:)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links