Have full size HK45s fallen out of favor? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Have full size HK45s fallen out of favor?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Also we should be pushing gun manufacturers to come up with new products what would make the USP line of guns greater we should be voicing change the rail to Pic style and higher capacity .

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31STMEUSOC View Post
    I had a 1993 Para P13 it had 13rnd capacity and the pistol grip was alot shorter as well but the biggest excuse is always been why do you need more than 10rnds I get sick of that. I have to say when I was a young Marine back at Lejune guys would say why do you need an AR15 and 30rnd mags me and my friends said because we can anyway my feeling is more is better then less even for 45acp.
    Amen, brother. I shoot the 45acp the best, and having a standard 13-14 round clip would be a big plus!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Damn right vincent04 tired of the 45acp fudd crap! Last for all you guys who say all you need is 10rnds ask yourself this if someone was breaking into your house would you feel better with 15rnds or 10? You know damn right well anyone would take 15rnd mag over 10rnd one. I have been victim of two home invasions both repelled one right after an 18 mos deployment was like wtf had my Sig Tacops blasted 10rnds thru my door they got the hint and was glad to have 10 more in the magazine fast forward 5yrs and some dumb ass tries getting on my flat roof to bash out my bathroom window I fire two rnds of 00buck my wife with the 1911 so I would want more capacity since I am pony up money for HK weapon system I should atleast get capacity out of the deal? Hell USP Experts in 9mm get 18rnds.
    Last edited by 31STMEUSOC; 10-22-2019 at 02:57 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Although I love my full size guns, I think all full size guns are no longer desirable for CC

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK is not going to make another .45 anytime soon, especially with a higher capacity. The time for that was the HK45 and they made their decision with a balance between reliability and ergonomics, for better or worse. In this case, what we have is all we are likely to get. Fortunately for me, I love my USP .45 and my HK45 and they are not falling out of favor with me and that's all that matters IMO.
    WolfieRules and Vincent04 like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

True this.
    Unless you have a check that has a number with an M suffix, we probably have the latest/last iteration of the HK45/45c/USP 45’s.
    The 2011 is about the last gasp in bringing the 1911 to the 21rst century. IIRC the STI-Staccato.P has a 13rd capacity, but it’s still a 1911 underneath.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No they can do higher capacity they can get atleast 2x more rounds not that big of a deal I can put 13 rnds in a 12rnd mag so making a mag what 1/4 " longer isnt a big deal get rid of the extended pinky base plate and add 2x rnds or really 1x more rnd since my friend has proved to me he has run 13rnds for years had a mag loaded sitting in his safe for 6yrs loaded and fired it a few weeks ago so it can still be done I wish Mecgar would make HK mags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My post was in regard to the desire for higher capacity in all calibers. There may come a day when everybody goes to super high capacity or single stacks may become all the rage again. We may find out that the driving force behind higher capacity magazines was merely so one could balance out the weight on their shoulder holster. One thing is certain, trends of popularity will change over time. I think the ever increasing interest in concealed carry muddies the water as we struggle to find balance in concealability, shootability and magazine capacity. If we were some third world nation we may all be walking around with an MP5 attached to our thigh and wondering what all the fuss was about.
    THAT guy likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not for me ever since I have bought my own first gun I always looked for Hicap mags when I was deployed 1st gulf war I had a 40rnd sterling rocking out my M16A2 when I deployed to Somalia had a new 100rnd beta mag my room mate was jealous told him if he hadn't drank his pay and saved up he could have one these were not cheap like 400 to 600 $ a mag. Also had gotten a few factory beretta 20rnd mags anyway alot of people back then saw the same trend higher capacity then the 1994 ban really hit home with people not being able to have a decent capacity. I think that's were 45acp higher capacity stopped with Para ordnance and HK USP lines until now with the FNX line good for them if HK ever designs a higher capacity USP 45acp mag you bet I will be first in line to buy 20x mags!
    Last edited by 31STMEUSOC; 10-24-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I had my HK45 out today. Regardless of the less than turgid mag capacity, with her threaded barrel, Trijicon sights, ergo grip, ambi controls and updated form....she is one sexy European in basic black. Mine is number 00014X. That makes her an OG, yo!
    PorterM, LCSO264 and WolfieRules like this.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links