Vp9 comp?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vp9 comp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vp9 comp?

Who uses any of the comps offered by HKparts on their vp9s?To what effect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was hoping somebody would chime in on this one! kinda wondering what a comp would do......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunuts View Post
    Who uses any of the comps offered by HKparts on their vp9s?To what effect?
    I use a comp on my VP9 but it was made by Nameless Arms. I really enjoy shooting with the comp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just trying to revive further feedback guys...…..

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdem View Post
    I was hoping somebody would chime in on this one! kinda wondering what a comp would do......
    When a gun is fired, a comp or a compensator re-directs the muzzle flash of the gun to an upward direction, pushing the muzzle down. It counters the natural upward muzzle flip of the gun and helps re-acquire the target on your sights much quicker.

This is different than a match weight, which is a weight (steel or aluminum) you attach to the front of your gun. The added weight mitigates the upward muzzle flip of the gun when it's fired. There is no re-direction of the muzzle flash at all with a match weight.

You'll see some folks mix-up the terms. They'll call it a "match weight compensator" which is inaccurate.

Do these devices work?. Some say yes, most say no. Personally, other than giving my gun a John Wick look, they don't work for me.
    Last edited by Vincent04; 10-16-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFhfr-3w7Z0

Here's a match I shot withe HKparts "match weight". I don't know if it is really a comp or not. It's fun to shoot but I can't say it makes that much of a difference. Looks cool, but I believe it's illegal for me in competition so I don't use it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    When a gun is fired, a comp or a compensator re-directs the muzzle flash of the gun to an upward direction, pushing the muzzle down. It counters the natural upward muzzle flip of the gun and helps re-acquire the target on your sights much quicker.

This is different than a match weight, which is a weight (steel or aluminum) you attach to the front of your gun. The added weight mitigates the upward muzzle flip of the gun when it's fired. There is no re-direction of the muzzle flash at all with a match weight.

You'll see some folks mix-up the terms. They'll call it a "match weight compensator" which is inaccurate.

Do these devices work?. Some say yes, most say no. Personally, other than giving my gun a John Wick look, they don't work for me.
    Yep met one of those boners the other day:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ml#post3588848

HKParts is circling the drain and the number of complaints regarding their VP9 add ons lately wouldn't make me confident. After watching scores of guys bellyache over their new VP9s not cycling 115gr Win white box, I can not wait to see guys run screaming to the boards when their render their VP9's useless with their crap under-powered ammo. This is of course assuming the comps work...which I am skeptical.

Comps work great if you know what you're doing. This latest craze of junk aftermarket comps has been entertaining to witness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good shooting Jon.... from another lefty....
    JonFrost likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PlusAD View Post
    I use a comp on my VP9 but it was made by Nameless Arms. I really enjoy shooting with the comp.
    How is holster compatibility with that comp? Usually if it isn't made for the vp9 it wont fit in a holster

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    ...Comps work great if you know what you're doing. This latest craze of junk aftermarket comps has been entertaining to witness.
    If comps were really that good, it'd mean that shooter's have difficulty managing recoil or guns were so badly designed that comps are necessary to manage recoil. I don't see those two outcomes at all with HKs. Besides, I don't see competitive shooters (guys who really know what they're doing) using comps (or match weights for that matter), so that tells you these devices don't really help much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links