P30L or stick with my P30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: P30L or stick with my P30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had both but they didn't do it for me, gave them to my kid who wanted the JW gun. Then I made the mistake of letting him shoot some of my STI's including the Combat Master but he's not getting those...

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TLOU_Joel View Post
    In my experience, the P30L has a softer/slower recoil impulse, which I prefer. You trade a little bit of the P30's light/compact qualities, and get a little more in recoil smoothness/added velocity/probably better accuracy at distance. If you're a P30 fan, the P30L is the next logical choice - I definitely prefer and would recommend it. (Though the P30 is no slouch and has some of its own aforementioned advantages)
    I think you are right. I’m at 7 P30s now. One of which is an L in V1. I’d like to have an L V3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TLOU_Joel likes this.
    Dobe

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DOBE im with you, think I have to get an L! Have to see what I can find.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My perspective is that instead of being a "long slide" gun, the P30L is a "standard full size;" and the P30 is a compact. Kinda like a Glock G17 and G19...

I have a P30L, and really like its balance and proportions, but I wouldn't have an issue with a P30-I just personally prefer the P30L.

Given the inherent quality and performance capabilities of both, I suspect that choosing between the two is more of an aesthetic than a comparative quality call.

However, I suspect that there may be some recoil absorption benefits to the heavier P30L if you're chambering .40; if 9mm, I think it'll be a wash.

Best, Jon

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What’s the difference in felt recoil and a ability to get back on target quickly between the P30 and VP9 for those of you that have both?? I’m going to get one or the other ( ok both but all in good time 😁) and just wanted to know what others options are on this. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Jslow; 09-27-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Recently picked up a BE P30 that still had cosmo in/on it. Anyway, getting used to it and really like it through first thousand. Feels a little softer recoil than VP9 to me and returns to target at least as fast. Makes me want to get a 30L to complete the hat trick, then an LEM for grins.

Get both, different but in a good way, but that's striker hammer, both are too fun to shoot.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    What’s the difference in felt recoil and a ability to get back on target quickly between the P30 and VP9 for those of you that have both?? I’m going to get one or the other ( ok both but all in good time ��) and just wanted to know what others options are on this. Thanks!!
    The VP9 feels snappier to me, but it's at least as shootable as the P30/P30L, and probably more-so. (Easier to use the VP9 stock trigger)

The choice between P30/P30L and VP9 just comes down to what you like, striker vs hammer. There are a million threads on this. They feel different, but they accomplish the same thing in the same size package. I tend to prefer the P30L, but I'll occasionally shoot the VP9 for the giggles. With my grip, the slide on the VP9 tends to not lock back after the last round, but that could be fixed with training if it's your main pistol.
    4X4 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jslow I have both P30's and VP9's, like TLOU said the VP9 is a bit snappier but both are quick follow up shots. I like both platforms and was wondering if the L was a big difference but it doesn't seem to be. I carry a VP9sk and love it, I didn't like the feel of the P30sk so I went with the vp, you'll prolly get both and then some down thee road though, HK addiction is real!!…..

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated and exactly what I wanted to know. I as well carry the VP9sk or p2000sk daily. Need to get some big brothers to compliment them. Just wondered which one first. As you said.... I’m sure I’ll end up with both in time. Thank you.
    Rockdem and TLOU_Joel like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a P30 and love it, wish I had gotten the P30L though. Personally... looks wise, I think P30L looks cooler, and that is half the battle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links