P30L or stick with my P30
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: P30L or stick with my P30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30L or stick with my P30

Ive searched and last thread P30L vs P30 was 2017. So im thinking about getting a P30L, I have 3 P30's, one LEM, then 2 DA/SA. I like how the L looks but does it shoot that much better than the P30, IS recoil that much less? Or am I just basically getting the same performance with just a different look?
    Who has both?
    I carry a VP9sk so this will be range gun really.....
    Would be cool to have a john wick gun lol

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Keep all of your guns and get the P30L outfitted accordingly to match John Wick. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    WolfieRules likes this.
    HK P9S 9mm
    HK USP9C
    HK P30 SK V3 TRU DOT
    HK VP9 SK TRU DOT

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Have both. Not much difference at all in performance or felt recoil for same cartridge. If your P30s are in 9mm, why not get a P30L in .40SW?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have the P30L in 40. All my others are in 9mm. I like it... As well as I like to introduce it to friends as John Wicks gun. Got it at a good deal when they were on sale for about 600 on cdnn. If you have that many P30's, whats one more as a range piece?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

In my experience, the P30L has a softer/slower recoil impulse, which I prefer. You trade a little bit of the P30's light/compact qualities, and get a little more in recoil smoothness/added velocity/probably better accuracy at distance. If you're a P30 fan, the P30L is the next logical choice - I definitely prefer and would recommend it. (Though the P30 is no slouch and has some of its own aforementioned advantages)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

was in your situation and traded for the P30L....3/4" longer sight radius and 1 ounce heavier. it is a range gun for me....i have 2 P30sk's for carrying. got the light firing pin blocker spring, but have not installed yet. as far as shooting accurately, no difference for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the input guys, we have a huge gun show in November and that's always a good place to search for hk guns and collectibles, Im still searching for a P7 but if I come across a L ill try to get it. I have an LEM 40 then a 9 DA/SA and 40 DA/SA. I might trade a P30 for an L if I can find one at the show....
    I do have 10 HK pistols and all are stock, I haven't tried different springs or trigger mods but I might try one first and see.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Had three 9mm P30L LEM’s and they never grew on me. Sold them and kept my P30’s.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m torn right now too between a burnt bronze VP9 or P30L. So far I’m leaning toward the P30L if I can score one. Little birdie says we should see a shipment of these in October. I edc a p2000sk or p30sk usually so the p30 (hammer fired) should probably be the best choice. Like others. Kinda wanting a P30L due to JW too.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have both, and I actually shoot the P30 better than the P30L. Not sure why, but I've always grouped a bit better with the shorter slide. Perhaps the balance just suits me better.

Can't go wrong with either, but I don't know that the slide will make that much of a difference to you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links