Dremel down that sk mag lip.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dremel down that sk mag lip.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Dremel down that sk mag lip.

Ok. How many of you take a dremel tool to the lip on your SK mags?? I’ve found that slightly dremeling down the lip a bit on my p2000sk, p30sk and vp9sk mags is not only more comfortable it also fits me better and at times helps conceal better too! I’m not talking much but just enough to knock off the lip that sticks out beyond the factory checking pattern. Dang it’s made a world of positive difference to me. I still shoot them the same and retain a positive grip without issue. It’s actually better in my opinion. I take my time and make sure they maintain the shape and make it smooth. Just wondering if anyone else does this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes. Did the same to the two mags that came with the gun and purchased two additional base plates with a foot to Dremel. Still in the T & E phase. I used a coarse sandpaper bit, then a finer bit to round it out. I'm curious of there are better bits for this task.
    Type 2 control, cleared hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did it to my USPc and P2000mags. I like the flat base pad but just cut down the extended ones. Only use flats in my VP9sk....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I cut mine with a knife then belt sand and fine sand. I use USPC flat floor plates with x-grip for spare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would anyone be kind enough to post pictures of their mods?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here is a picture of a p2000sk mag that I modified the baseplate. I’ve done this to all my vp9sk and vp30sk mags that are not flush. I love the mod on all of them. On the p2000sk I took an exacto knife and cut of the dingus. Then used sanding dremel tip to shape and then polishing bit to finish off. On the Vp9sk and p30 I just used the sanding and polishing bits. No exacto knife needed on them. I wear a medium size glove so it fits me perfect and I can get all three fingers on them. Perfect for me anyway. I also did this on my G26 & G27 Pearce mag extension tips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dremel down that sk mag lip.-114d1bff-9df7-445c-a308-8434eb87e9c6_1569968239948.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jslow; 10-01-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    Ok. How many of you take a dremel tool to the lip on your SK mags??
    Dremel tool? Ain't nobody got time for that! I took my P2000SK magazines straight to the bench grinder the day that I got the gun home. The "ledge" completely interferes with the placement of my little finger, so I would end up wrapping it underneath the grip in a completely unergonomic fashion. With the magazine ground down, my little finger can stay about 50% on the grip. An added bonus is that my modified magazines look considerably better--maintaining the aesthetic flow of the gun.

Dremel down that sk mag lip.-img_9983-2.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I bought a P30sk that had that done and I really like it. I think it is more comfortable. I personally have not tried to do the work to any of the mags.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just installed the flat base plate!
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FYI, the extended floor plate for the VP-9SK works on the P-2000SK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links